Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob here. Just acquired a 2009 R/T with a MOPAR catback. I believe it is the Corsa model. It sounds great almost all of the time except 65-80 mph in 6th gear. Lots of drone, really can't handle it. Goes away in 5th., just the 1500-2000 rpm range in 6th. It doesn't do it in any other gear in that RPM range, just 6th. Is it possible to install a bullet, turbo type muffler or something else right before the tips? It just has two mufflers with no secondary mufflers or resonators. Will adding another muffler just quiet it down but the drone/vibrations still be there. I would be tempted to just go back to stock if I could find a take-off system locally. I drove a few 6 speed r/t's with stock exhaust and I thought they sounded really good.

Looking to see if anyone else has tried to modify a cat back system trying to kill the drone. I have attached a photo of the MOPAR system so you can see the size of the area before the tips.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Noob here. Just acquired a 2009 R/T with a MOPAR catback. I believe it is the Corsa model. It sounds great almost all of the time except 65-80 mph in 6th gear. Lots of drone, really can't handle it. Goes away in 5th., just the 1500-2000 rpm range in 6th. It doesn't do it in any other gear in that RPM range, just 6th. Is it possible to install a bullet, turbo type muffler or something else right before the tips? It just has two mufflers with no secondary mufflers or resonators. Will adding another muffler just quiet it down but the drone/vibrations still be there. I would be tempted to just go back to stock if I could find a take-off system locally. I drove a few 6 speed r/t's with stock exhaust and I thought they sounded really good.

Looking to see if anyone else has tried to modify a cat back system trying to kill the drone. I have attached a photo of the MOPAR system so you can see the size of the area before the tips.
They are most likely Borla's and not Corsa's. Corsa's do not drone, at all. Tips also look like Borla tips.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
They are most likely Borla's and not Corsa's. Corsa's do not drone, at all. Tips also look like Borla tips.

What he said. I've had a Corsa Extreme for two years and have never got it to drone. At all. Borla however is notorious for drone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts