Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have the catback Borla did for MOPAR on there challenger? Having a sale right now and only $700 free shipping but don't know if it'll be up to normal standard borla does with their S type and atak exhaust...just looking for recommendations on it! Having my headers installed on the 11th and might as well do it with it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162502015178

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,715 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen that loud system in eBay but just seeing the name of it sound like a loud and annoying system! Judging a book by its cover but that's the impression I got! I'm not looking for loud but an aggressive deep sound! I had my mufflers switched out when I first got it and everyone says it sounds nice but just think since I'm getting the headers done might as well do the exhaust upgrade

·
Registered
281 Posts
I picked up a heavily discounted Mopar cat back (Corsa) for my Dad's 300. That system is awesome, great sound and no drone. Check out the model of the Borla it's patterned after on their website and let that be your guide.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I've seen that loud system in eBay but just seeing the name of it sound like a loud and annoying system! Judging a book by its cover but that's the impression I got! I'm not looking for loud but an aggressive deep sound! I had my mufflers switched out when I first got it and everyone says it sounds nice but just think since I'm getting the headers done might as well do the exhaust upgrade
Borla offers three sound levels with their cat-backs: Touring, S-Type, and ATAK. I don't know which one that Mopar system is, but I wound up getting a Borla Touring system installed on my 2016 R/T and it's perfect for me. I didn't want something that was "Look at me, I'm an ass-hole" loud, but something that would sound aggressive yet low-key. The Touring system was perfect. Here's a link to Borla's Youtube page showing all three systems and I can tell you that the Touring system really does sound like this. FYI, their ad says that the systems are for 2009-2013 Challengers, but they confirmed that they would fit on a 2016.

Have fun with whatever you get.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,715 Posts
Based on the muffler shape, it would be the Touring

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts

I put on my 2015 RT plus 8A the Corsa sport ,, fit perfectly took just over and hour
No drone at all . The sound people go for on loudest is a personal taste
This Sound clip video is with the windows up
Hope this helps

https://youtu.be/PJ_y0zpDP6Q

1 - 8 of 8 Posts