Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Challenger R/T Classic with the Mopar cold air intake system, and in doing my checks this weekend I noticed the rubber bushing that fits around the intake air temp sensor has dry rotted oud and the sensor is just sorta dangling in the tube. Anyone have any experience in changing one of these and know offhand what size bushing or part number that may be? I didnt get a great photo of it, didn't think of it, but I can later if it helps.

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
Is this what you're looking for? If it is, PM me your address and I'll send you one. I had that happen to mine too. FYI to anyone who needs these, in the installation instruction booklet, there is a phone number in the back to contact Mopar performance parts. I called them and asked to buy some and they sent me a few for free. The sensor just friction holds when you push it into the grommet until the tab on the sensor contacts the grommet on the outside.
IMG_0646.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, that was it. I actually managed to find some yesterday after scouring some local hardware stores for rubber grommets using the old dry rotted one and the sensor itself as a reference, as well as a tape measure. For the record, if anyone else needs, they are 3/4" OD, 7/16" ID rubber grommets. Not super easy to find, but they're less than a dollar if you can.

·
Premium Member
3,445 Posts
Thank you, that was it. I actually managed to find some yesterday after scouring some local hardware stores for rubber grommets using the old dry rotted one and the sensor itself as a reference, as well as a tape measure. For the record, if anyone else needs, they are 3/4" OD, 7/16" ID rubber grommets. Not super easy to find, but they're less than a dollar if you can.
I should have remembered that Ace Hardware also has a large selection of grommet sizes too. Glad you found them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts