Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pick up a New Challenger SRT and was thinking of asking the Dealership to add the Mopar Cold Air intake to the deal so that it's covered under Warty.

Is it worth it? Does it add anything? Anything bad with it?

I would love to get some info asap. Im trying to close the deal up with the dealership.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Nothing bad about it. Makes exhaust note a little better. You can hear the engine breathe through it better. May add a touch of throttle responsiveness but really no extra power in it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm about to pick up a New Challenger SRT and was thinking of asking the Dealership to add the Mopar Cold Air intake to the deal so that it's covered under Warty.

Is it worth it? Does it add anything? Anything bad with it?

I would love to get some info asap. Im trying to close the deal up with the dealership.
What is the dealer charging for it?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,230 Posts
From everything I've experienced, read about, discussed with others...

...all you'd be getting is a cosmetic change. The OEM airbox flows about as good as you're going to get. The only CAI I've seen/heard about that purportedly gives an improvement over stock is the true Legmaker CAI.

IMHO, and this is only MY opinion, you'd be better off saving that money and putting it towards a tuner and a PCM from either HP or Diablo. Or, if it's cosmetic you want, put that money towards having your OEM cai cover and tube hydrodipped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check out the hellcat CAI , cheap compared to others. But from what I've been told it's better than aftermarket , but it's not pretty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts