Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently seen a MOPAR catalog that included upgraded ECU's and TCM's...anyone have any information on these?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,240 Posts
I ran a MTCM in my 2010 R/T, it worked great with a high stall torque converter. It locks the converter up in every gear but first and sets the shift point to 6,200 when at WOT. I also believe it would hold gear when in manual mode.

I don't believe that it will work with the newer 2011+ Challengers, but don't know that for sure.

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
I ran a MTCM in my 2010 R/T, it worked great with a high stall torque converter. It locks the converter up in every gear but first and sets the shift point to 6,200 when at WOT. I also believe it would hold gear when in manual mode.

I don't believe that it will work with the newer 2011+ Challengers, but don't know that for sure.
Same with me. I have the MTCM in mine since way back when I got the car. Its a must have IMO
as you said, way mtcm locks up the TC is great. And the gear hold is a big help at the track in the waterbox.

I will add, MTCM will also firm up the shifts some. Raises the psi through the solonids some.
Not sure if it will work on the 11s and newer.

FlatTop

·
Registered
524 Posts
I asked the SRT engineers this on the last forum session. The answer was "No", the 11s and up are different from the 10s and older.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really appreciate the answers guys, so does anyone have any information that pertains solely to the ecu's they are selling? A mopar ecu upgrade that claims to help unlock some of the best inside that hood sounds pretty good to me, but I have googled this particular part quite a bit a d haven't really come up with much information on it.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Really appreciate the answers guys, so does anyone have any information that pertains solely to the ecu's they are selling? A mopar ecu upgrade that claims to help unlock some of the best inside that hood sounds pretty good to me, but I have googled this particular part quite a bit a d haven't really come up with much information on it.

Without the part# I can be for certain, But the only ECUs I have seen are for standalone systems from Mopar. Like for putting a Gen 3 Hemi into an older vehicle (Resto-Mods)

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Hey guys, I recently seen a MOPAR catalog that included upgraded ECU's and TCM's...anyone have any information on these?

Most are tuning their stock ECUs either with a custom tune or a canned tune. Diablo tuner to load or tweak tunes (canned tunes come with the tuner and some are offering the tuner with a custom tune package deal).
Only other ECU that I have heard of is the B&G. I'm running the B&G ECU with a 93 octane tune. It raises and firms the shifts (2012 so no TCM), raises the rev limiter, greatly reduces tq mgmnt which helps haul ass .

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately it's a brand new 2014 blacktop edition...would be a shame to wreck that warranty. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts