Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is David Gregory
Back in my senior year of High School, I purchased a 70 Challenger SE that I converted to an RT/SE along with everything you can imagine to make it a Show and Go winner, not being very smart, I never took any pictures! A buddy of mine(bought the car and sold it too) says he may have seen it the other day, so maybe I can hook up with that guy and bring back some memmories. The car had the small back window and I had chromed the rearend from drum to drum, so theres a good chance that that was my car! I wish I had never sold it, it was used for a down on a house that I ended up losing because of divorce! I always told people, if they ever re-make that car, I'll find a way to get one!
Well, that day came in 08 but I was in the middle of another divorce. Got through that and am now married to a great girl who knew how much I wanted another Challenger. She really wanted a Jaccuzzi in our new house purchased in AprilI, so I started looking into an inground pool/jaccuzzi. I really wasn't looking forward to creating more work and expense for myself and we really needed some new cars, so I hit her up with this idea. We get a new Corolla XRS and Portable Jaccuzzi for you and I get a new Challenger. I'm proud to say, she went for it!
Started looking around and never thought I would be getting the IE, but then I found Elk Grove Dodge, 6 1/2 hours from where I live in Riverside. They said they would sell it for MSRP and I said SOLD. We rented a car on Valentines Weekend and picked the car up, a White/Blue striped Manual Beast, #165. Drove the car even further for 2 hours up to North Tahoe and stayed at Squaw Creek Resort, drove back down the next day and did the Napa Valley Wine thing, stayed there and drove back home the next day down the coast. 933 miles later and the car was sitting in my garage!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Pics or ban!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
David, Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Super Moderator
13,945 Posts
Congratulations on the SRT IE purchase and welcome to challengertalk- the biggest and best Challenger forum on the web, with 19,212 members and growing!

While this forum is free, you will find it very expensive because of all the great ideas that you will get to mod your Challenger. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I always like to hear a true story with a happy ending, or should I say beginning. Welcome and good luck with a great car.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

Congrats on the 392 IE :guiness:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts