Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to the mopar fest next weekend at maple grove raceway,pa.First time racing my stock yellow jacket.Hoping to get in the 12s but it does look like is going to be warm and running stock tires. I will gladly accept all advice on how to get it down the track and feel free to say hello if you see my yellow jacket with ny plates and black stripes.
Dan

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any advice on launch techniques with the automatic? I also saw another thread where they left on the second bulb? Seems a bit early. I don't plan on trying to many changes but really want to see if I can get car to hook without street slicks Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,230 Posts
Any advice on launch techniques with the automatic? I also saw another thread where they left on the second bulb? Seems a bit early. I don't plan on trying to many changes but really want to see if I can get car to hook without street slicks Thanks
The suggestion on the second bulb seems a bit early to me too; depends on your reflexes I guess.

I have a 6M so this may not apply, but when I first started racing Renny, it was on street tires, and I had AWFUL wheel hop if I tried any kind of "launch". A few tips:
  1. No burnouts: The rubber on street tires doesn't warm up and get sticky like on DR's. Don't waste your tread doing burnouts.
  2. Avoid waterbox if you can; makes sense if you're not going to do burnouts, right?
  3. Don't lower PSI below 22 lbs or so; the radial sidewalls are too rigid to give you the footprint you'd get lowering your PSI on drag radials or slicks
I'll be there Saturday too (actually, Friday as well for MSHS); stop bye and say Hi!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like rain for a decent part of Saturday. Gonna head over to island drag way instead on Sunday and see what happens there. Another mopar event. Mopars at the patch.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts