Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At one point I saw the Fuel Cap assembly with a Mopar M emblem but it looked powdercoated black. Is this still in existence? What's the price if so?

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking about this? Maybe a mopar 10 thing or something...

I plasti dipped mine and it doesn't respond well to gas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Gas Cap

Here's a pic of mine with a billet insert

Attachments

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking for the entire setup, Black (Not Chrome Door) and Black with Blue Mopar M just like the one pictured...anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Drake used to sell this all black version. Then get the blue mopar badge, and you are all set! The FUEL is a sticker, that is not attached when you buy it.
drake4.jpg

·
Banned
946 Posts
I'm looking for the entire setup, Black (Not Chrome Door) and Black with Blue Mopar M just like the one pictured...anyone?
You could just buy a black fuel door by getting the last 8 vin of a mopar 10 challenger and then ordering it through luke at stevewhitemotors or some other mopar parts supplier. Then just have the center sticker (Mopar) made by someone who makes things like that. I believe Luke would be able to help you out with both as I think he gets his stickers and what not from a guy who would be able to make yours. Good luck!

·
Vendor
12,557 Posts
the mopar 10 did not come with a black fuel filler, we were making them for a while and started having issues with our supplier involving quality, since its a low level selling item we have not research a different supplier
Luke

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here's another member who painted his flat black. Add the Mopar insert.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/flat-black-fuel-door-75334/
That was mine. It didn't hold up for too long but I'm not the best painter either. I ended up finding one like the OP's looking for on ebay but with just the "FUEL" emblem on it. I don't remember who it was from but it was only like 6 months ago. It wasn't SteveWhite though. Only paid 150 for it. There's one on there now but it's going for over 300 bucks. That's a little ridiculous. I'd just say keep an eye out cause they pop on ebay with different emblems on them pretty often but get snatched up quick and I've seen them still go for the 150 range. I'm really happy with mine. A little glossier than I wanted but still pretty nice. Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts