Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that the OEM mopar half covers for the 345/5.7L engines are 200 bucks for the set but the 392's are just 100 bucks why is the 5.7L same cover twice the cost. I've looked all over Ebay/Amazon/etc.. and its across the board twice the price for essentially the same part just different lettering.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
There are no stock half covers for the 5.7L - only modified 392 covers. Are you sure you're not seeing $200 for the set vs. one 392 cover for $100.

If you are comparing two cover to two covers the price difference is probably due to the fact that the 5.7/345 half covers are "custom".

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya it looks like that's what there doing I think I'll do the mod stickers are a few bucks and a bit of dremil work.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
What he said ^^

Buy the $100 ones and have yourself a fun project converting them over. That's what I did.

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Searching the part # verifies they are OEM 392 covers and even in the ebay ad it says they are not a direct bolt on for the 5.7L and that trimming will be necessary.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yah it also says unused unopened in original package which obviously isn't the case semantics I know at least I now know I can add this to my project list.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My page did that once had to reload think that's a browser issue not so much on the person listing the item.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
There's really no reason for it not to read correctly on any browser, Ebay is not that complicated. The screen shot looks the same on Safari and Firefox essentially meaning that anyone on a Mac is looking at that mess. I haven't tried Opera, but who uses that?

I look at over 100 Ebay listing every day and never see any this bad.

Just sayin' in hopes that a constructive criticism will be a catalyst for improvement.

·
Vendor
12,237 Posts
Luke, we love you to death man but you need to fire whoever does your Ebay listings. How's a person supposed to read this mess?

the app your using causes the listing to bunch up, lots of issues with different mobile apps
if you look at it with a pc or laptop its perfect :)
Luke

Se habla Español!!!! javascript:PopupPic('fourcolorlogos/jeep.jpg')javascript:PopupPic('fourcolorlogos/jeep.jpg')javascript:PopupPic('fourcolorlogos/jeep.jpg')http://www.chrysler.com/en/
NEW IN PACKAGE GENUINE OEM MOPAR ENGINE/VALVE COVER
LEFT & RIGHT SIDE
BLACK & RED STRIPE
PART # 5038543AB/5038544AB
FITS 2009 TO 2012 DODGE CHALLENGER & CHARGER EQUIPPED WITH 5.7L HEMI ENGINES
FITS 2008 DODGE CHARGER EQUIPPED WITH 5.7L HEMI ENGINES
THESE MUST BE MODIFIED TO FIT ON THE 5.7L ENGINES, ON MANUAL TRANSMISSION THE LEFT SIDE MUST BE MODIFIED TO CLEAR THE FRONT COVER
ON THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION CARS, THE REAR OF THE PASSENGER COVER MUST BE TRIMMED TO FIT THE TRANSMISSION DIP STICK
THESE ARE NOT BOLT ON, MINOR FITTING AND GRINDING MUST BE PERFORMED TO FIT DEPENDING ON YEAR MODEL
VERY POPULAR MODIFICATION FOR CHALLENGER & CHARGER OWNERS!!!!
ENGINE BAY PICTURES FOR ILLUSTRATION ONLY!!!
GET REAL, GET MOPAR!!!!
OEM QUALITY AND FIT!!!!!

12 MONTHS WARRANTY AT ANY CHRYSLER, DODGE & JEEP DEALER ACROSS THE U.S.!!!!

IF YOUR UNSURE OF YOUR APPLICATION PLEASE SEND US YOUR VIN NUMBER FOR APPLICATION VERIFICATION!!!!

PARTS AND ACCESSORIES:
CLICK ON LINK

·
Vendor
12,237 Posts
the other issue is the mobile conversion table from ebay isnt great, it does some interesting things
Luke

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I'm not looking at the ad with a mobile app, I'm looking at it from an iMac with either Safari or Firefox.

The code is junk if it doesn't display properly on either of those two browsers. Do as you wish, but if you want thousands of potential customers looking at an ad they can't read what good is it? It's the 21st Century and millions of people use Apple products.

Also, get rid of the all caps, the universal Internet equivalent of yelling.

I'm not an HTML genius but I built and maintain my company's website (over 800 products) and being certain that ALL potential customers can read it is job-one of any competent web designer.

Peace out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You should take this up with Ebay they are the ones that run the code on there website not the end user. My wife and I ran a embroidery business for years and a lot of that business was on Ebay of which I spent hours posting up her sales. There would be times it glitched out just like that and a simple reload of the website fixed it. Just like this case its not just apple products I'm sitting here on a custom built PC running Internet Explorer 10 on Win 7 and had the exact same thing happen last night.

·
Vendor
12,237 Posts
I'm not looking at the ad with a mobile app, I'm looking at it from an iMac with either Safari or Firefox.

The code is junk if it doesn't display properly on either of those two browsers. Do as you wish, but if you want thousands of potential customers looking at an ad they can't read what good is it? It's the 21st Century and millions of people use Apple products.

Also, get rid of the all caps, the universal Internet equivalent of yelling.

I'm not an HTML genius but I built and maintain my company's website (over 800 products) and being certain that ALL potential customers can read it is job-one of any competent web designer.

Peace out.

we dont write the code, i wouldnt know how to read or write html......we create the listing and they convert it and we constantly complain about it
whats interesting, 95%+ of the listing have no issues, a small percentage do, all created the same way

sorry lots of things i would change about ebay, however my attempts at influencing change have not been successful
heck we only spend 50k+ a month with them....
luke

·
Vendor
12,237 Posts
also we have serious issues with the latest versions of explorer and chrome, between ebay and amazon we have over 20k listings
luke

1 - 18 of 18 Posts