·
Vendor
12,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,987 Posts
Luke, one suggestion? Shoot in a higher resolution, 240 really doesn't do it justice full ascreen. A Guy

·
Vendor
12,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luke, one suggestion? Shoot in a higher resolution, 240 really doesn't do it justice full ascreen. A Guy
we do but we cant get the video to upload
Luke

·
Vendor
12,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we are not movie gurus....lol
Luke

·
Registered
694 Posts
i got my chrome mopar hood pins from luke almost 3 years & my r/t sits outside & they are still in great shape. love the old school look. in fact the are much better quality than the pins that i had in the '70's. i just wish the black ones where more than just a black base. on my yellow jacket it would look great all black but the combo of black & chrome for the peg & pin just doesn't work for me.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
i got my chrome mopar hood pins from luke almost 3 years & my r/t sits outside & they are still in great shape. love the old school look. in fact the are much better quality than the pins that i had in the '70's. i just wish the black ones where more than just a black base. on my yellow jacket it would look great all black but the combo of black & chrome for the peg & pin just doesn't work for me.
Agreed. Doesn't work for my PCP too as well. Maybe we can have it powder coated? Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,987 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Agreed. Doesn't work for my PCP too as well. Maybe we can have it powder coated? Just a thought.
i had same thought & was told that the powder coat would come off the pin fairly quickly due to how tight it fits in the peg & the taking it in & out. would love to see someone who tried it & it worked.

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger R/T
210 Posts
Ok so just so I get the right and don't freak out during the install...Im getting ready to install these tomorrow and from what im reading it will be necessary to pull the pins slightly forward to keep them from hitting the plate and closing correctly do to the angle..... is that correct?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ok so just so I get the right and don't freak out during the install...Im getting ready to install these tomorrow and from what im reading it will be necessary to pull the pins slightly forward to keep them from hitting the plate and closing correctly do to the angle..... is that correct?
I didn't have to on mine. The holes you drill are much larger than the pin. Which account for the hood arc. You only have to worry about lining up the 3M plate on the hood itself.

·
Registered
167 Posts
There's room for error when drilling. Due to the larger holes. Not when you stick the plates on, the holes are closer to the pin size. That's where you have to line the holes up correctly.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Got my Mopar pins from Steve White and drill through my fiberglass hood, came out perfect. But whats up with the way to long hood pins???? I had to grind about a 1/4" off the threads to get them down far enough!!! Whats up with that????

·
Vendor
12,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got my Mopar pins from Steve White and drill through my fiberglass hood, came out perfect. But whats up with the way to long hood pins???? I had to grind about a 1/4" off the threads to get them down far enough!!! Whats up with that????
your right we have had a few lately that the pins where a little too long, not sure why:crying:

·
Registered
404 Posts
your right we have had a few lately that the pins where a little too long, not sure why:crying:

Mopar probably changed venders….I didn't mind as I fabricate stuff all the time and wasn't a problem, but may be for someone else. I got the best deal with discount from you guys!

·
Premium Member
2016 Challenger R/T
210 Posts
Ok so before I go a drilling 8221 4260 Ab -001 is the correct part number right? 2016 rt shaker Ps check out the photo I think they are now making these kits with the pins at a slight angle to help with fitment? Others I've seen were completely vertical these have a slight tilt to the front

Attachments

·
Vendor
12,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so before I go a drilling 8221 4260 Ab -001 is the correct part number right? 2016 rt shaker Ps check out the photo I think they are now making these kits with the pins at a slight angle to help with fitment? Others I've seen were completely vertical these have a slight tilt to the front
https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-hood-lock-stainless-steel-with-chrome-plated-82214557ab

https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-hood-lock-stainless-steel-with-chrome-plated-82214557ab

remember for a few more days promo code SUMMER>:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts