Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 6Speed
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed the Mopar lowering springs on my 2013 SRT8 challenger m6.
the front is slammed but the rear is super high 馃槀

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
I wonder if you might have Nivomat self leveling shocks in the rear? Part # on shock in this video

Maybe Slidd or Hal H might know if 2013 SRT8 came with nivomats?

A Guy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reactions: frogman

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if you might have Nivomat self leveling shocks in the rear? Part # on shock in this video

Maybe Slidd or Hal H might know if 2013 SRT8 came with nivomats?

A Guy
Pretty sure I saw the yellow Bilsteins.

Kinda digging the retro look even though I didn鈥檛 ask for it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hehe. My bad. I got charger springs for the rear 馃槃

Thats where they were back in the day I think...
I even transferred the dodge badge from the rear to the hood. 鈽

Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (鈥12 Cop Charger)
Hehe. My bad. I got charger springs for the rear 馃槃

I even transferred the dodge badge from the rear to the hood. 鈽
So you have Mopar Stage 1 springs on the front, and the rear springs are OE like what comes stock on a SXT, R/T, or Pursuit Charger? What happened to the rears from the Stage 1 set?

Installing the matching Stage 1s is always best, but absent that going back to the original SRT rears would be a better match for the Stage 1 springs in front versus what you have now.

If worst comes to worst, even cutting a coil off the OE Charger springs would work to even out the ride height, though that would leave a mismatch in spring rates with what you have on the front.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you have Mopar Stage 1 springs on the front, and the rear springs are OE like what comes stock on a SXT, R/T, or Pursuit Charger? What happened to the rears from the Stage 1 set?

Installing the matching Stage 1s is always best, but absent that going back to the original SRT rears would be a better match for the Stage 1 springs in front versus what you have now.

If worst comes to worst, even cutting a coil off the OE Charger springs would work to even out the ride height, though that would leave a mismatch in spring rates with what you have on the front.
No I have matching Mopar stage 1 sets. But they belong to charger.

My OE springs were cut, and TBH the ride quality was crap. Lots of micro vibrations and body roll from the resultant soft or mismatched spring rates. After installing the new ones, I could feel the difference from the first drive. It's like riding on a cloud now with no micro vibrations.

Premium Member
No I have matching Mopar stage 1 sets. But they belong to charger.
Stage 1s shouldn鈥檛 be that high in the rear, even if they were for a Charger. Something else must be affecting the ride height back there.

Are you certain the installation was done correctly?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you certain the installation was done correctly?
am guessing so? No vibrations or other signs to suggest otherwise :/

Premium Member
am guessing so? No vibrations or other signs to suggest otherwise :/
And the rear springs are painted light blue like the front ones, correct?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And the rear springs are painted light blue like the front ones, correct?
Yes yes :) Bright blue indeed.

Actually I just confirmed the part number P5155436, and it says it belongs to Challenger.

Premium Member
Yes yes :) Bright blue indeed.

Actually I just confirmed the part number P5155436, and it says it belongs to Challenger.
I was not aware the Stage 1 springs had different versions based the different LX models. I was thinking they only came in one version, and that version fit all the LX models, Charger, Challenger, 300, etc.

Either way, the rear ride height of yours cannot be right. My first suspect would be that it has the self-leveling shocks back there, but you said they were yellow, so that rules out the Nivomats. Plus, it鈥檚 an SRT, and those didn鈥檛 come with Nivomats unless it was a manual transmission AFAIK.

Your car does have the automatic transmission, right?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was not aware the Stage 1 springs had different versions based the different LX models. I was thinking they only came in one version, and that version fit all the LX models, Charger, Challenger, 300, etc.
They actually do have 2 versions. P4510854 works with all others except SRT8 (with active dampening). P5155436 claims to work with SRT8.

Your car does have the automatic transmission, right?
Its Manual 6 speed.

Premium Member
They actually do have 2 versions. P4510854 works with all others except SRT8 (with active dampening). P5155436 claims to work with SRT8.

Its Manual 6 speed.
Interesting, I wonder what the difference is...

If yours has the M6 trans, it should have come with the Nivomats in the rear. The fronts would be the yellow Bilstein shocks, but the rears would not be.

Can you confirm the rear shocks鈥 color, are they yellow or OTY (other than yellow)?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Interesting, I wonder what the difference is...

If yours has the M6 trans, it should have come with the Nivomats in the rear. The fronts would be the yellow Bilstein shocks, but the rears would not be.

Can you confirm the rear shocks鈥 color, are they yellow or OTY (other than yellow)?
Pretty sure I remember yellow in the rear too during install. Will check again later to be sure.
Am gonna take a wild guess and say the shock expanded during install and need time to settle? 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 :ROFLMAO:

Super Moderator
If you have black shocks in the rear (and body of them is pretty fat for a Nivomat) the picture below top one is the rear Nivotmat vs the standard Sach that the A5 (in your years) would use.

With a Nivomat, you could literally remove the rear spring and the Nivomat will maintain the ride height on its own.

Auto part Suspension part Shock absorber Suspension

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No black Nivomat shocks here. Only yellow.

video link for reference 馃榿

1 - 20 of 25 Posts