Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,i bought the mud guards for my 2010 srt challenger from the dealer where i bought the car. well the front ones went on ok,had to drill one upper hole in each side,and the plastic rivets for those 2 holes realy did not pull the plastic togather like i would have liked it to.------------------2nd:: the rear ones dont fit.because there is a metal lip underneth that stops the guard from fitting flush with the contours of the body. to make these fit i would have to either cut that metal lip off,(not happening)or cut a big chunk out of the mud guard. anyone encounter this. i dont think srt,s are any differant than se or rt in this area. a picture of a rear guard mounted from the bottom may help me figure this out. ALSO what part number do you guys have for your rear mopar guards.

i will be going in for my 1st oil change on the 29th of aug, thats 1 year and 1 day from the day i bought it. now it has 1,238 miles. :sleep:

·
Registered
780 Posts
The rear front sets are distinctively different so if your concerned that you might have incorrect ones they should slip on during the test fit to confirm which ones you have.

The rivits they give suck so you may want to get an assorted box or just the kit from harbor tool to use the different sizes they give to get a good solid fit.

I used 3M double sided tape to help secure the flaps. It really doesn't help hold they on, just makes them more flush and can avoid rubbing over the years so that no paint damage occurs over the years. My thought is if you prevent even a small mark that us golden. Just keep on mind wind and air buffeting against them over the years at high speeds can wear things down over time.

As for the metal part ur talking about am not sure but photos might help. There are tons of folks on here who will be able to help. Give it a few hours and you should get some great advice.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mudguards

the rear ones look as though they will fit, but that bottom metal seam is in the way. how do you put a picture on here. i have a digital camara.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.