Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any fellow members bought the Mopar oem replacement brake pads for our SRT8's? If so, where did you buy them and what is the best deal out there? The best deal I have found the front and rears for is $500.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Are there any vendors on the forum that sell the Mopar pads?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Have any fellow members bought the Mopar oem replacement brake pads for our SRT8's? If so, where did you buy them and what is the best deal out there? The best deal I have found the front and rears for is $500.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Are there any vendors on the forum that sell the Mopar pads?
If you have less than 12,000 miles and owned it for less than 12 months, they are free under warranty. I had problems with my brakes during the 1st 12 months and they replaced them free under warranty.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just received a set of front and rear OEM Brembo brake pads. The rear set included stainless steel shims with the pads. The front set box was open when I received it and did not include any stainless steel shims. When I called the dealer they replied that the front pads do not come with stainless shims, just the rear pads do. I want to make sure this is true, does anyone know if that's the way it is supposed to be??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I would highly NOT recommend using the OEM SRT Brembo pads. Way to much dusting. (See LOTS of post re this)

I swapped mine OEM's with the Hawk ceramics way before the OEM's were end of lifed. Don't regret it one bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.