Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I really dig this badge and I’ve put several Mopar performance mods on my car.

I know this originally came on the 14 Mopar Edition, but, what are your thoughts on me putting it on my ‘15 R/T? I hate the idea of upbadging and am on the fence as to if this could be construed as such.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
IMO depends on where you put it I think.......but hey what did Tommy boy say...."Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?"

enjoy...

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I had one on each side of the "bulge" on the hood on my 2016 SXT Plus.

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
You can buy an OEM MOPAR Performance badge on E-Bay for $25. Watch out, however, for the $10 knock-off versions from China. The metal is junk and the coloring is off. Remember, you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
So, I really dig this badge and I’ve put several Mopar performance mods on my car.

I know this originally came on the 14 Mopar Edition, but, what are your thoughts on me putting it on my ‘15 R/T? I hate the idea of upbadging and am on the fence as to if this could be construed as such.

Appreciate any thoughts.
I for one like that badge, do not think your up-badging with it
The badge does not say you have a 392. Or anything else . You do have the Mopar performance In you Challenger
Please post photos of you car with its new look .
And if you like it that's all that counts
Also like Cuda said about EBay ,,I would just got to Steve White a vendor here
and buy the Mopar ones
Enjoy every mile

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Heading to Steve White tomorrow for tires and I’ll pick a couple up. Does anyone have the part number for the stock Hemi badge that comes on the fender?

Thinking I put this where that badge is and move the “Hemi” to the hood scoop?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,824 Posts
Not upbadging by any means

A Guy

·
Premium Member
9,346 Posts
No, it’s not upbadging as you’re not representing the car as a different model but I wouldn’t relocate anything the factory installed. Why not put one on the rear spoiler?

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
that emblem was never installed from the factory,except on the special edition Mopar 14, and was done at the upfitters, so not really upbadging
Luke

·
Registered
2015 scat pack
279 Posts
I toiled with what to put on my rear spoiler and after 3 tries...I finally settled on this emblem for the right side of my rear spoiler. As others said, "mopar performance" is a truthful proclamation, unless you put it on a chevy, but then again, most other racers chose the Hemi when serious power was in order so I suppose they could use this badge as well, lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Up badging is if you put on a 392 or SRT or Hell Cat and you don't have one.
If you do a stage one scat pack upgrade you get a badge in the kit and the same for stages 2 and 3
But Mopar Performance is true to what you have and if you made any mods with Mopar Performance parts.
My 2016 Shaker Plus has some performance part and I will install more and I installed this badge on my left rear spoiler it is a true statement

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts