Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of the 18" police wheels. I know a few others have them, and I was hoping for good tire suggestions. Id like raised white lettering.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I just ordered a set of the 18" police wheels. I know a few others have them, and I was hoping for good tire suggestions. Id like raised white lettering.
Where did you buy those wheels from? They would be perfect for winter!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, I would like to know where also, I drive my R/T as a daily driver. No other car, so those would be perfect to put some winter tires on.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I like the look of them a lot, goes with the black/blue theme I am going for. Cant decide between those and a set of the Heritage wheels.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bought a set on ebay for about $500...pretty common

·
Registered
208 Posts
maybe the little chrome inside? not sure that whole big piece of chrome would look good blue, but some blue would be sick IMO
I havent had a close look at them yet, perhaps just the end. That kind of what you mean? I did find out they were metal though so I can have them powder coated instead of painted. I found a place to get them for just over $500, that includes caps and lugnuts.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
240 Posts
I was thinking about going with this style for winter tires. As I understand it, 18" rims won't fit on an SRT8, just not enough clearance for the Brembo brake caliper. Is that the case for any style 18" rim?

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Here is just to give you guys an idea.

Not my car, but it is the same thing I plan on doing.

Ryan
Wow, that's got the good old "sleeper" look to it. Just imagine built 426, resonably quiet exhausts, and no badging.

There would be a lot of "what the hell was that" from folks who got "smoked"

I like that look.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Michelin makes the PS2 (pilot sport 2) in a 225/60 series so you won't be spot on for the tire size, but it doesn't really matter when you take into account that this will probably be one of the best tires you will experience. They don't make a tire that will handle the stock 20" wheel, so I would say take advantage of these. I had the PS2's on my porsche (lease) and I couldn't believe the difference in performance & wear (lack there of). So far I've only used the steelies with winter tires, but when I return back to the states, I'll buy the Michelin's and post pic's with a review.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Heres a pic of my Toxic Orange with them. Just used the stock tires. Rides great and love the look.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts