Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to install the mopar quad tips tonight, from what I have read the M logo is under the rear plastic and hard to see. I installed one side and it stood out about 3 inches past the plastic where you could clearly see the M logo just walking by. Is this normal? I also noticed a good sized gap on the outter side of the tip about an inch and a half. I ended up putting the stock one back on. Am I doing something wrong? My current exhaust system is a Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back. The stock tips fit with no problem. Any Ideas or is this normal?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might just go to an exhaust shop and see if he can center them. If not you will see them for sale on the classified section.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
If the stock ones look aligned, you can get the quads aligned, too.

You will see most of the M. Aldo, the long ends go inside; the short ends go outside.

I used the curvature of the lower bumper to guide my aim lining up the tips.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The M is suppose to be seen I have them on my challenger.I have the stock exhaust on mine and just took the old tips off no cutting and put the new tips on looks good.HEMIB5BLUE

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the longer side on the inside and shorter outlet on the outside but they just did not look centered. I am very picky on how things look.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to try again today, however I don't have a level surface to do it on any ideas?
When I tried yesterday I was at my friends who has a level driveway but he is not home today.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Here is a trick I learned from my muffler shop:

more than a level floor, you will need to be able to look at it from three angles to align them in relation to the lower bumper.

1. Straight from above to align them against the curve of the bumper
2. From the sides, to align the tips against the lower edge of the bumper
3. From about 20 feet away from the car, stand right behind one tip; then the other

·
Registered
474 Posts
Before you can align the tips correctly the actual pipes need to be centered left to right in the opening and at the same height on both sides. I have found it too common on the different cat back systems that getting the pipes to be positioned on both sides the same is a royal pain if you want them perfect. Then you get into the case where one pipe is longer than the other. The OEM system is far from perfect as well but you can adjust the OEM pipes a bit. Bottom line, start with the pipes centered and then aligning the tips is a bit easier.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From looking at the pics I am going to have to adjust my exhaust. I might just take it to the guy who installed and have him recenter it. Let me put it like this I went through my girlfriends house and made sure all the screws for the light and electrical sockets were all lined up the same way.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I had the same problem,I just laid on the ground,put my foot on the exhaust and pushed it over enough to align!You just have to do one side to make it match the other.

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was reading on another forum that the flowmaster systems have issues with the quad tips fitting, is that true?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I might just take it to a muffler shop and have them installed and have everything centered. My driveway is slanted and the street is far from level. I figure its worth the 30 dollars to have them put on and have the pipes adjusted on a lift.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts