Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't able to spend much time in the hellcat seat before my purchase. Yesterday, I bought a 2019 hellcat with the alcantara package and drove it 6 hours home. The seats are incredibly uncomfortable for me, given I am coming from a Mercedes.

Are there Mopar seats available with compatible heating, ventilation, and airbags? I see leather seats on the Mopar site, but it doesn't seem to say anything about heating, cooling or airbags.

·
Super Moderator
14,822 Posts
is it a matter of the lumbar adjustment (seatback) - that's been a common complaint

it takes a bit of futzing to get the height of the lumbar where its comfortable for a given driver

I have multi-contour seats in my '01 Benz and one of the best designs (thigh support, backrest side bolsters and upper lumbar and lower lumbar air bladders). All the adjustments plus the 10 way power adjustments as well. Done a lot of 13 hour drives in those seats

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have been clear about what my complaints were. I felt that the normal Challenger seats were very comfortable. The bolsters on these hellcat seats are too aggressive for me. I am 6'5" and longer torso than legs. I'm a very big dude.

·
Super Moderator
14,822 Posts
okay - the larger bolsters are squeezing you in...you could swap seats from an R/T or SXT model - those have the smaller bolsters. Anything from a Scat Pack on up will have the larger seat bolsters like the 'Cat would have

·
Registered
232 Posts

Also check out the front seats out of a 2015-19 Chrysler 300. They have less side bolster and are made so fat bottoms don't get pinched. Full powered with heating and cooling.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts