2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,110 Posts
What a let down.
No Hellaphant 1000hp drag car?
Come on:(

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I hate to say it, but that was kinda lame. Dragpack is cool and all, but they've done that already and we already saw it coming with the teasers. I was hoping for some new performance parts for our cars, or at least something that's relevant to owners.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whenever they announce the Mopar 20 with a 426, what a surprise it will be! :cool:

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
14,530 Posts
SEMA is not the venue for announcements on future production vehicles.

Why was there all this speculation

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger Widebody Scat Pack
21 Posts
If my Hellcat would have looked like that, I might have kept it. I'll keep my widebody Scat, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think many expected a new production car introduction at SEMA? The 426 speculation crosses all barriers though, lol

A Guy

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
1,932 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
a couple more videos have poppd up of this car, it sounds like a monster!

I think its awesome mopar stays relevant with al these special builds, however, a 50 piece production car? hell chevy did more than that with the copo cars. At the same time, its not like I can afford to run out and spend 130k on a drag car challenger from dodge so why am I bitching? LOL

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I find the Mopar Performance Catalog sadly lagging from what it was in the 80's when I would go to the dealer every year and get a new one that came with the green price sheets. (Yes I ordered a lot of parts back then) I could call the parts dept. and just give them the part number I wanted and I know what the price was going to be. Today's dealers are lagging in that dept. as well.
Used to buy a lot of parts form Frederick Dodge in Boardman which was owned by Bob Frederick.
Edit: Who hasn't put one of these in their Mopar Engines?

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
434 Posts
I find the Mopar Performance Catalog sadly lagging from what it was in the 80's when I would go to the dealer every year and get a new one that came with the green price sheets. (Yes I ordered a lot of parts back then) I could call the parts dept. and just give them the part number I wanted and I know what the price was going to be.
ahhhhhh....the good ol’ days. I remember them quite well.

Although I ordered more stuff from the FWD departments (turbo Daytona’s) I still was able to keep up to date on all of the new products. If I looked hard enough, I bet I could find a few of my old issues, hoarded away somewhere or other!

·
Registered
215 Posts
ahhhhhh....the good ol’ days. I remember them quite well.

Although I ordered more stuff from the FWD departments (turbo Daytona’s) I still was able to keep up to date on all of the new products. If I looked hard enough, I bet I could find a few of my old issues, hoarded away somewhere or other!
doesnt ford still do their performance parts catalog? I wish we had something like that. I'd be happy on most occasions to purchase mopar products at a little higher cost and keep the warranty and dealers happy.

I just wish they wouldnt have neutered where and what application you can use the mopar lowering springs. But they say its a no-no on active suspension even though people run them without an issue. I'd love to have a warranty compliant lowering spring.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Ok, I understand the introduction hype. It's SEMA, and that's a BIG deal.

Unfortunately, during the intro, the first thing on my mind was the Stage Packages that were introduced several years ago, and how quickly that went to hell in a handbasket.

The Drag Pack is cool, but does nothing for the street Mopar Performance crowd that would like factory performance upgrades for the Challenger and most importantly.............the SUPPORT from Mopar.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
doesnt ford still do their performance parts catalog? I wish we had something like that. I'd be happy on most occasions to purchase mopar products at a little higher cost and keep the warranty and dealers happy.

I just wish they wouldnt have neutered where and what application you can use the mopar lowering springs. But they say its a no-no on active suspension even though people run them without an issue. I'd love to have a warranty compliant lowering spring.
Mopar still does, it is just kinda lame compared to the old ones. There used to be DOZENS of cam shafts, Tons of LA and B and RB parts and Hemi parts, our new engines really get no love.
Remember any part number that starts with a "P" has no warranty and is for "Off Road" use only.... :p

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I can't count how many of the Electronic Ignition conversion kits I ordered and installed on cars, not to upgrade from points but to get rid of the "Electronic Spark Control".
Hardest part was you had to drill the base plate of the carb and install a piece metal brake line to hook the vacuum advance to. The well was drilled into the base on the manifold side but did not go through the side of the base plate.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts