Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you haven't read about it yet, mopar.com now has the Shaker hood kit and induction assembly listed and priced. About $2600 and change... Don't forget the $21 "shaker" decal. Dodge is also stating that you can use the MOPAR shaker kit with the Scat Pack stage kits but apparently those are not available yet. According to the press releases that have just been published (Motor trend etc.), Dodge is claiming a HP increase with the shaker induction setup. Mopar Parts – Buy Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat Parts & Accessories Online

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
........Bump.....

·
Registered
700 Posts
I can't find it on their website, It's so bad and poorly designed, So how much lighter is this hood over the Cervini / AFR ? and how much HP increase does it give you ?

Gotta figure that the kit costs $2600 , unpainted? add another 500-600 for paint and prep materials, your looking at +3K ,

When you can get a Cervini , (Slightly heavier & Painted) for $2250..

EDIT*

I found it,

Select Exterior Accessories and all the way at the bottom.

Part # 82213396 for $1015.00 (Hood unpainted)
Part# 82214110AB for $1570.00 (Air induction kit)

$2600...

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't find it on their website, It's so bad and poorly designed, So how much lighter is this hood over the Cervini / AFR ? and how much HP increase does it give you ?

Gotta figure that the kit costs $2600 , unpainted? add another 500-600 for paint and prep materials, your looking at +3K ,

When you can get a Cervini , (Slightly heavier & Painted) for $2250..

EDIT*

I found it,

Select Exterior Accessories and all the way at the bottom.

Part # 82213396 for $1015.00 (Hood unpainted)
Part# 82214110AB for $1570.00 (Air induction kit)

$2600...
Don't forget the sticker for $21… The factory hood is a lot lighter than the fiberglass aftermarket hoods. Even the stock hood is a bunch lighter. The weight of the Cervini hood is what has kept me from going that rout knowing the factory setup will be quite a bit lighter.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Don't forget the sticker for $21… The factory hood is a lot lighter than the fiberglass aftermarket hoods. Even the stock hood is a bunch lighter. The weight of the Cervini hood is what has kept me from going that rout knowing the factory setup will be quite a bit lighter.
The AFR Shaker fiberglass hood is at least as light as the factory/base hood, which I believe is also made of aluminum. Where are you getting your info?

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The AFR Shaker fiberglass hood is at least as light as the factory/base hood, which I believe is also made of aluminum. Where are you getting your info?
I actually spoke to Luke from Steve White in person (see above post from Luke as well) and they said they were surprised at how much lighter the factory hoods were vs. the fiberglass hoods. The factory shaker hoods are also aluminum.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Having just put mine on less than a month ago, I would estimate it's slightly lighter than the factory hood we took off. Didn't weight them however we noted both were surprisingly light.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Talking about the weight of a Cervini's or any other aftermarket hood vs the stocker is laughable. We're talking about a few pounds, difference, not 10-20 lbs. These same people will have no problem, whatsoever, putting aftermarket wheels on their cars that weigh up to 20 lbs more a piece, because they look cool. Go figure......
They all talk about best bang for the buck, but are willing to spend up to a $1000 more for an OEM that does that exact same thing, and in some opinions, doesn't look as good.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm just going on what I was told by people that do this stuff all the time. I personally have never weighed the hoods. Would be great if someone had some some numbers. Not trying to argue with anyone here, instead I'm passing along information for those that wish to purchase a MOPAR setup. Like I said, the information I had on the fiberglass hoods was passed along to me from someone who knows.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Huh, well if the Cervini or AFR fiberglass hoods are heavier, it is literally only by a couple pounds. It makes me want to weigh both of mine now...LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just wished I could buy the hood from Dodge already painted and ready to install for $2600. I wonder just how much horsepower is gained by going with the shaker over my stock hood?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Talking about the weight of a Cervini's or any other aftermarket hood vs the stocker is laughable. We're talking about a few pounds, difference, not 10-20 lbs. These same people will have no problem, whatsoever, putting aftermarket wheels on their cars that weigh up to 20 lbs more a piece, because they look cool. Go figure......
They all talk about best bang for the buck, but are willing to spend up to a $1000 more for an OEM that does that exact same thing, and in some opinions, doesn't look as good.
Agreed ... What is this, a Honda forum? ;p

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts

·
Vendor
13,329 Posts
no, 2015's are different, there is future plans to have 2015 5.7 and 6.4 kit forthcoming, however they will not work 2014 and older
Luke

ps also we have spent some time looking at the 6.4 and the feasibility of adapting the current shaker kit, in our opinion it is not possible, the intake sits much higher than the 5.7, has well the air intake is totally in the wrong place,

however if you have a Magnuson supercharger we have a jig to modify the bracket that holds the scoop and could easily be converted

Luke

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
no, 2015's are different, there is future plans to have 2015 5.7 and 6.4 kit forthcoming, however they will not work 2014 and older
Luke

ps also we have spent some time looking at the 6.4 and the feasibility of adapting the current shaker kit, in our opinion it is not possible, the intake sits much higher than the 5.7, has well the air intake is totally in the wrong place,

however if you have a Magnuson supercharger we have a jig to modify the bracket that holds the scoop and could easily be converted

Luke
Well so far I'm not seeing it, I installed the CAI system it fits perfect. The problem I have is with the mount, as I knew was going to need some changes made. I fabricated the lower connections and Now I am in the process of getting the pan centered on the intake. The height of the 6.4 does not seem to be much different than the 5.7.With the pan sitting on the engine, the lip of the pan is in the same location in regards to the firewall lip as the 5.7. My catch can is to high with the Z bracket and holds the front of the pan up. So that will require a mod as well. I guess it will all be trial and error until the hood is in place to confirm the height of the shaker. I'm sure it will need some adj. Right now it is too damn Hot to work on it LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts