Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:disgust:
Installed my new shifter from Speedlogix a couple days ago. The turn-around time from the time I ordered was phenomenal. The shifter looks great and was a snap to install....a great aesthetic improvement over the pistol grip.
HOWEVER!! One complaint....under moderate to heavy acceleration, this thing rattles like a soup can full of nickles!!
Is this normal? Is there any fix for this annoying vibration? It's fine under normal acceleration and cruising. Seems to be a generated rattle from vibration transmitted through the stick..which is strange because it appears to be a one piece unit. Anybody else experience this?

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Is your shifter an automatic or a manual? I automatically assume everybody has a manual shift. LOL

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hurst shift linkage on my M6. My pistol grip rattled so I replaced it with the short shaft, Mopar solid aluminum ball that uses the tunnel for mounting. The side mounting with two screws and rubber bushing didn't eliminate the rattle.

Pros: the ball is short when combined with the Hurst linkage means real short throws
Cons: damn thing get hot in the summer, really hot!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
His profile says manual.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a black Hurst shift ball on mine. I keep a rag in the car and put it over the shifter if I have to leave it in the sun for a long period of time.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well...finally got tired of the rattle and took the boot and trim off to try and isolate the rattle. Are you ready for this!? On the initial installation I failed to notice that the stock bolts bottom out before the heads make contact against the washers. all this time the simple fix was to add an extra washer on each bolt....presto...problem solved! The loose washers were rattling and transmitting through the stick. Such an easy fix....hopefully someone else having the same problem will read this post.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well...finally got tired of the rattle and took the boot and trim off to try and isolate the rattle. Are you ready for this!? On the initial installation I failed to notice that the stock bolts bottom out before the heads make contact against the washers. all this time the simple fix was to add an extra washer on each bolt....presto...problem solved! The loose washers were rattling and transmitting through the stick. Such an easy fix....hopefully someone else having the same problem will read this post.
Yup, have the same problem and didn't notice this either. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts