Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being as I didn't want to spend the $$$ for a Hurst short throw shifter and some more $$ to fix the "O" ring issue I opt'd for the Mopar Short Throw shifter from Mopar Super Center $108 and S/H.

Before

After

I will post the How To in the DIY section.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Looks great! How does it feel? Any issues or improvements?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Is it truly a shorter throw vs. the stock shifter?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The pistol grip shifter was ok but just didn't feel right.

I guess I am old school after years of thrashing a Munci 4 speed in my 65 Chevy Impala SS.

The shifter is about 1" shorter than the stock shifter, has 4.5:1 lever ratio and if feels great. It is smooth and does not take any more effort that the stock one.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
The Mopar Short Shift is a great option, we have many happy customers running them

·
Registered
308 Posts
Being as I didn't want to spend the $$$ for a Hurst short throw shifter and some more $$ to fix the "O" ring issue I opt'd for the Mopar Short Throw shifter from Mopar Super Center $108 and S/H.

Before

After

I will post the How To in the DIY section.
Did you post in the DIY section??

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Quick Question..

I am fond of the T-Handle, can the ball on this shifter be changed out?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
According to the description, "3/8-16 THREADED SHIFTER KNOB" it should be removable.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Hey R/T 6spd ...Just received mine from JEGS today! 2 Day Delivery It will be in by this weekend!! I am sure they have plenty in stock!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hey R/T 6spd ...Just received mine from JEGS today! 2 Day Delivery It will be in by this weekend!! I am sure they have plenty in stock!
Thanks, ordered one from SpeedLogix, should have it by Friday.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Excellent shifter, easy install, took a litte to get it postioned right... over all very happy with the shifter, 20% shorter in shifts.

·
Banned
928 Posts
looks nice. There is no O-ring issue with the Hurst shifter though. That has long since passed. I like the mopar knob on there though

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Has anyone been able to remove the ball from the MOPAR Short Throw shifter? I have an old Hurst T-Handle knob I would like to put on.. but can't seem to get the damn ball off? Thanks guys!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts