Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you are looking to shorten the throw on your 6-Speed Challenger while also upgrading the look, this new shifter from Mopar is for you! These are in stock and ready to ship @ Speedlogix!

2009-2010 Dodge Challenger Short Throw Shifter. Mopar's Short-Throw Shifters will shorten the distance in-between gears. These shifters also improve the firmness of the shift without degrading drivability. This reduces the shifter throw by 20%. Simple bolt in installation.

Retail Price: $159.99
Speedlogix Price $128.88

For more info or to order click the link below:
Mopar Performance Shifter Handle 09-10 Challenger 5.7L R/T 6.1L SRT8 6 Speed

·
Registered
46 Posts
I picked up one of these at the new Speedlogix store on Friday and installed it yesterday. It ended up taking about an hour but you could probably do it in 15 minutes if you aren't as picky as I am.

The only thing I didn't like was the orientation of the shift pattern out of the box. I ended up rotating the knob about 10-15 degrees clockwise to get it to where I liked it.

I've only driven a few miles since the installation, but I really like it so far. I thought it might take some getting used to, but it immediately felt just right to me.

My only concern is how hot it might get in the middle of a Florida summer. I can see my hand looking like the guy's hand in Raiders of the Lost Ark only with a reverse 6 speed shifter pattern. I may have to look for a Mopar golf club cover to put over it when it's parked outside.

·
Vendor
5,686 Posts
Wow! I really like the look of this shifter. If only I had a 6-speed to put it on. LOL
I know, I said the same thing!!

I picked up one of these at the new Speedlogix store on Friday and installed it yesterday. It ended up taking about an hour but you could probably do it in 15 minutes if you aren't as picky as I am.

The only thing I didn't like was the orientation of the shift pattern out of the box. I ended up rotating the knob about 10-15 degrees clockwise to get it to where I liked it.

I've only driven a few miles since the installation, but I really like it so far. I thought it might take some getting used to, but it immediately felt just right to me.

My only concern is how hot it might get in the middle of a Florida summer. I can see my hand looking like the guy's hand in Raiders of the Lost Ark only with a reverse 6 speed shifter pattern. I may have to look for a Mopar golf club cover to put over it when it's parked outside.
Great to meet you Friday and thanks for stopping by! Good to hear you got the shifter installed ... post some pics when you get a chance, please.

Lisa | Speedlogix

·
Registered
116 Posts
im really interested in this shifter.... do you have any pics of it installed in the car. I love the look of it and really want it... just want to see it in the car and then ill make up my mind. :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hey I got one a them!! here it is and I love it :thumbsup: gives a good sense of short throw and is weighted well for nice positve shift. Get one :browsmiley:

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Strange - mine looks a lot like yours :scratchhead:

Not a very good picture - I need a new camera but I keep spending my money on something else...

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
Interesting... after seeing the pics (thanks for posting, by the way) it looks huge. Is it larger than, say, the Hurst shifter ball? Or is it an illusion caused by the thicker shaft (read that literally, do not use imagination :p )? .... I'm going to stop there because I'm going to say something really stupid. :saythat: But those questions are serious questions.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Just ordered mine, please dont mess up the shipping this time guys!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Interesting... after seeing the pics (thanks for posting, by the way) it looks huge. Is it larger than, say, the Hurst shifter ball?
Mine is at home in the garage at the moment so I can't do an actual measurement but I'm guessing it's no bigger than 2-1/2 inches in diameter. Maybe Lisa has one in stock that she can measure. Otherwise, I'll take a measurment when I get home tonight.

I've never seen a Hurst shifter ball on a Challenger but based on the ones I've seen in Mustangs, it's about the same.

It is about 1-1/2 inches shorter than the standard shifter so maybe that is making it look bigger?

·
Registered
60 Posts
has anyone seen the hurst hard drive shifter for the challenger. Its the same one on the hurst challenger, but its polished aluminium. Its on the hurst website, just search for challenger in the search tab and it shows up with all the other challenger parts. I was wondering if anyone had purchased one and how does it feel. ANy pics would be nice also.....

5,134 Posts
This is one of the best looking handles out there. I really enjoy the feel of the stock pistol grip, but if I had to change, this would be it. I just can't justify spending money on parts that don't make me go faster....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine is at home in the garage at the moment so I can't do an actual measurement but I'm guessing it's no bigger than 2-1/2 inches in diameter.
I was a bit off. The ball is just a hair over 2 inches in diameter. The shaft is just about 3/4 of an inch in diameter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does it only come in brushed aluminum? I think it would look pretty hot as anodized black or a powder coat.

·
Registered
73 Posts
does anyone know if the knob is interchangeable?? would like the shortened throw but with say an old school 8ball style knob

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The ball can be changed out but I'm not certain what the thread/pitch it is. This can also be used on the Hurst setup but requires a bit of tweaking too make work, PM if Q's on doing so. I love the handle, it's my favorite with the stock pistol close behind and the Hurst stick/ball a distant 3rd.

Not impressed with the Hurst Hard Drive stick as it changed from the one they are using in the Hurst cars, isn't anodized and is missing the shift pattern engrave on the top. They should've kept the same thing and just made it available.

·
Registered
73 Posts
good to know. much better price than going with the full hurst shifter so might give it a try. sickspeed? makes some cool knobs, surely they have right size. thnx for info

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice mod for the 6 speed

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great short throw option, in stock and ready to ship

·
Registered
257 Posts
Does it only come in brushed aluminum? I think it would look pretty hot as anodized black or a powder coat.
I was thinkin the same thing. If they were offered in Black with the shift pattern and lettering brushed, i'd buy right now.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts