Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking about purchasing this from speedlogix. I LOVE the look of it. But is it functional as well? Will the gears feel closer and will the shifting feel better? I noticed its just a shaft and then the shifter ball. its not a whole new assembly. It wouldnt be like the hurst shifter assembly, would it? Because I know that makes the gears shift better. Let me know which one I should buy. The whole hurst 6 speed assembly or the mopar short throw shifter. What would be the major difference between the two?

Mopar Short Throw Shifter Handle for 09+ 6-Speed Challenger-In Stock @ Speedlogix!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't see how it would make the shifting feel much different since it is only the lever and ball that is being changed...I just installed the full Hurst shifter and i LOVE it....the thow is much shorter and VERY different...very positive feel..you KNOW when you are in a gear..no guessing...and I love having my hand on TOP of the knob...don't really like the stock joy stick feel.....I guess the Mopar one you mentioned would have that advantage too...good luck...

·
Registered
202 Posts
The Mopar shift handle will definitely make the stock shifts shorter. I first installed 70's modified hurst shifter and really liked the improvement over stock but wanted a slightly shorter handle. I was about to buy a shorter hurst handle but got a great deal on the Mopar handle from a member here. My shifts are now even shorter and the handle is very comfortable and solid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts