Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some picks of my 2011 SE, with Mopar sill guards installed.

I've had this car for 8 days, and spend more time than I'd like to admit looking on line for subtle mods for this beauty.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks great...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great mod! Really enhances the look of the car! :)

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,349 Posts
Looks sharp, and congradulations on getting a new Challenger.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Those do look good, where did you get them from? Are there "gaps" at the end of the sill plates or is that just my mind playing tricks? Haha

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those do look good, where did you get them from? Are there "gaps" at the end of the sill plates or is that just my mind playing tricks? Haha
I actually got them through Mopar. They were fairly easy to install. But, just so you know, once these things are on - they're on. As for the gaps - there are no gaps. Your mind is messing with you. :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Cool, you think you could post a link you where you bought them?

·
Super Moderator
14,691 Posts
By "gaps" are you referring to the length of the stainless steel door sill guards? They do not cover the entire length of the door sills.

You can order them from any dealer, but I bought mine at the MOPAR Super Center. They retail for $140, but the Super Center discounts them to $115. See:

MOPAR

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yes, when I was speaking of gaps I was referring to the length. It seems that on the drivers side the right of the door sill does not cover that "dip". Am I wrong?

Thank you for the links. Black2011SE, it is saying that the link does not work...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, when I was speaking of gaps I was referring to the length. It seems that on the drivers side the right of the door sill does not cover that "dip". Am I wrong?

Thank you for the links. Black2011SE, it is saying that the link does not work...
Fixed the link for you.

The way that I have them oriented, the guards sit flush along the the entire length. Just take your time putting them on. I practiced with it prior to exposing the tape, so I kind of knew what to expect when placing them. When I was ready, I simply started on one end, with the guard at an angle, and slowly lowered it into place. I kept one hand on the guard's "lip", to ensure that it remained flush with the surface of the car. Once it's down, firmly press down on it, and you're golden. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
Sorry still saying document not found on my end. Ok thanks for the tips on getting them in.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrats & Nice look. Mopar did well with these, except I wish they had also ofered them in script. I ended up going with a BT set because of this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats & Nice look. Mopar did well with these, except I wish they had also ofered them in script. I ended up going with a BT set because of this.
The script would look sweet, for sure. I'm actually going with the "Classic" look on the exterior (script on the grille and soon on each fender), and leaving the interior with the "new" badging. If I can find a classic nameplate for the interior dash to replace the "new" one, that may change, however.
Regardless, I am enjoying this car way too much.:)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
These do look nice when new. I remember this feature on cars from the 50's and 60's when I worked on the lot. Those really got scratched up over the years. Anyone with these sills for some time could report on the condition of theirs?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
For some reason, I haven't seen anyone post a link to Amazon that works.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here's the link to mopar parts. Dodge Challenger Parts - The Official Dodge Parts eStore offered by Chrysler once there click on Challenger accessory's at bottom, then Exterior , then Protective Guards , then you will see Door Sill Guard and there you have it $140.00 you can order on line and have them sent to your dealer or you could just go to parts department at your dealer and tell them you want to order them.

Door Sill Guard

Door Sill Guards help protect the interior door sills from scratches. Available in brushed stainless steel and feature vehicle logo. Also available with illuminated logo for some models. Set of two or four, depending on vehicle application.

Item Number
UOMQtyYour Price82211234 Each$140.00
Stainless Steel Door Sill Guards with Challenger Logo

Fits: Challenger

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anybody else get water inside their doors where the sills are? I've been thinking about getting the sills, but with water getting there, i'm concerned about the adhesive giving out, or the sills rusting

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can tell everyone, I looked at a few cars that had these installed and were not sold yet. They scratch. I never saw one unscathed. Even on cars with 10 miles on them(showroom).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts