Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have read a bunch of threads about replacement R/T shocks&springs. I want to replace my front struts because they are wearing out. The springs also seem too weak for this vehicle, especially with the rear hop issues with M6. So it is making sense to get a matched set.

Looking at the Mopar SRT upgrade kit (P5155435AD) there is a comment on a vendor site:
"2009 - 2010 model years must shim the front shock opening with washers and use a longer bolt to accommodate the wider shock opening."
This is causing me concern. Has anyone installed the Mopar SRT suspension upgrade kit on an 2009-2010? Is the gap a big deal? How much extra space is there on the lower SRT front strut mount when mating to an R/T?
How may washers do you need to use to shim this setup?

Now I would consider getting the
Eibach Pro-System Lowering Kit, but it will likely lower more than the Mopar SRT kit, then I need to worry about ability to adjust negative camber without additional hardware. :frown:

I would like to ask anyone experienced changing a 2009-2010 shocks/strut/springs what you think about the Mopar SRT upgrade kit, and the shimming issue?

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
It is an awesome upgrade and all u do is add a couple washers to the mount. It is easy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts