41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Hey Monopod,
are you installing the mopar springs or having someone else do the job,
can you please take pictures of the installation please,
thanks
I am in the middle of choosing some lowering springs for my car too..
Check the Steve White Vendor section. He posted a bunch of photos of them installing them. If I had a lift, a compressor and stuff, I would tackle it, but I don't.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
If you have a jack and jack stands you can do this install.The rear is easy and you do not need to compress springs.You can rent the front spring compresser at any parts store for ten dollars and if you buy a lot of parts there they will let you use it free.The fronts are actually easer then the back at least mine was.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
who has riding impressions, difference from stock? I find the stock scat pack suspension doesn't have enough travel as it is. That being said I still plan on going with the MOPAR springs. LOL

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's slightly firmer. Not bone-jarring at all. I have driven many lowered vehicles (mainly trucks) and this is a very minimal impact from stock in my experience. I did use the S&P upper control arms to get the front camber back where I wanted it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have had three Challengers, each of them were lowered. I have used Mopar Stage 1, Eibach Pro, and most recently Hotchkis.

Mopar Stage 1 are my perssonal favorite. Nice drop, preserves the rake of the car. Eibach is a close second, and Hotchkis a distant 3rd. Hotchkis leveled the car out, no rake, and in fact the rear looked like it sat a tad too low.

I'll be using Mopar Stage 1 on my Scat Pack.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have had three Challengers, each of them were lowered. I have used Mopar Stage 1, Eibach Pro, and most recently Hotchkis.

Mopar Stage 1 are my perssonal favorite. Nice drop, preserves the rake of the car. Eibach is a close second, and Hotchkis a distant 3rd. Hotchkis leveled the car out, no rake, and in fact the rear looked like it sat a tad too low.

I'll be using Mopar Stage 1 on my Scat Pack.
You forgot the best ones H & R 50888.Perfect ride and night and day difference in the handling.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those H&R look nice, I like that height. I'll be going with either those or the Hotchkis. I like the even look not the rear a little higher.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have Mopar Stage 1 springs. The rears springs have 1/2 of one of the dead coils cut off so it sits level. The ride is about 10% firmer than stock, but the rebound speed is greatly increased. I prefer the ride now over the stock springs. The camber was out of spec after the install. You'll need to buy SPC-66045 for the fronts and SPC-66050 for the rears.

The Hotchkis on my 2nd gen Camaro is a great track suspension, but utterly brutal on the streets. I cannot say how the Hotchkis ride is on a Challenger, but it would seem logical that the lower one goes, the stiffer the springs would have to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys

I know a lot of you guys have had the Stage 1 springs for sometime. How is the ride? I'm looking for as soft and close to stock ride as I can get with just alittle bit of a drop to close some gap.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Hi Guys

I know a lot of you guys have had the Stage 1 springs for sometime. How is the ride? I'm looking for as soft and close to stock ride as I can get with just alittle bit of a drop to close some gap.

Thanks.
I love them. The ride is comfortable. My only gripe is I have to slow way down for speed bumps as its easy to bottom out if you go over one too fast. I don't remember there being any comfort difference when I first installed them. It was like stock with better a more confident feeling in the turns. I wouldn't mind having stiffer shocks but everywhere I read says the next step is coilovers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
15 scat with 6mt. Mopar stage 1 springs last year. Should come from factory with this. Really improves handling and feel. 10-15% stiffer over bumps but 15% sharper more direct steering around turns. Greatly reduced the vague steering and improved solid feel of the car with the lower springs. Slight rake with rear higher. I'm still on stock tires . Don't want to mess with steering feel now so keeping same size front tires. Not sure if I'll go 275 rears eventually. The mopar stage 1 springs, Barton shifter and a skip shift elliminator on my "stripper" scat and i have been very impressed. Just waiting on the sport settings to come back from the software update!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had the stage 1 mopar lowering spring installed at a dodge dealer about 2 years ago on my 15 scat 6 speed . Really loved how well it drove and felt. But past 2 months car seems bouncy up front and a bit squirmy. Adjusted tire pressures down because of the heat and still had issues. Dropped off car at dealer today and they say some of the suspension components failing. Shocks not yet but want to charge me 3000$ for a new "lowering kit". They say that to lower the scat few other parts should be done, not just springs. I never saw any other recommended parts to do and was never told about it. I thought mopar springs were engineered specifically for the scat and would not have such issues. Car out of warranty now. Have any of you had suspension parts failing and loss of that solid feel from suspension after mopar springs? I'm trying to find out exact parts they are going to order, but think maybe they are confusing parts for non scat lowering kits?

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
I used the Mopar stage 1 lowering springs on my 2019 Challenger Scat Pack... I also cut off a half coil and this drops the rear 1.1" ... in the front I added heater hose to the coil (can do bottom for sure, potentially top alternatively) and resulting drop in the front was .6" and this levels the car. I MUCH prefer the slightly firmer ride and less body roll. Very happy with the setup!

41 - 60 of 60 Posts