Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to remove the rake from the rear of my challenger. Thinking about getting the mopar stage 1 and only installing the rear.

Anyone know what shocks and springs the scat pack shakers come with?
I saw that they advertise bilstein suspension Do all RT have this or is it an upgrade?

Any issues with keeping stock shocks with lowering spring?

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
What transmission do you have? The manual cars have self leveling shocks which will need to be changed out so you can drop it. I would honestly do it all around. I haven't seen any Stage 1 spring cars that look raked.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What transmission do you have? The manual cars have self leveling shocks which will need to be changed out so you can drop it. I would honestly do it all around. I haven't seen any Stage 1 spring cars that look raked.

I have the auto. I agree about no rake on full kit. But I am not sure the front chin will clear my driveway if I go any lower.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
In that case, I'd spend $1K on a set of BC Racing coil overs. You'd be able to adjust the ride height to exactly what meets your needs. Fair warning though, every time you adjust the ride height you'd need an alignment.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I have stock suspension on my 15' scat with the only mod being the stage 1 mopar springs. Definitely the best mod ever but they do go pretty low in the front. I live in ATL and am always scraping a bit here and there. The car handles like a beast though. It becomes even more predictable when the back slides out and really tucks in on hard corners.

One thing to note is that it took a fee months for them to really settle in.

I have had them since I first bought my car. The only critique I would have is that I wouldn't mind slightly stiffer shocks but the blistiens do just fine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did just the opposite - installed the Mopar springs on the front only because I want the rake....old school I guess

It's not the rake I mind. Just the tire to fender gap. Looks good.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I did just the opposite - installed the Mopar springs on the front only because I want the rake....old school I guess

That's what I am talking about! Also LOVE the tires. May have to do that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I want to do rear only. Do you still have the rear springs you didn't install? Want to sell them?

sending you a PM also just in case.

Thanks,

Jeremiah

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I want to lower my 2015 R/T plus but I just put on 10.5" rims and 315 rear tires that stick out a little bit. Maybe I'll throw a set of SRT springs I have laying around on the car. Would they make it too low? Would love Stage I's, maybe if I can limit the rear suspension travel to about 1/4" after I lower it.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
yo guys quick question. I got a '17 sxt.. do i need to replace the shocks too? can i just get the springs installed?

Initially I wanted to get eibach but people here are saying I should get the struts and dampers as well which would cost a lot.

If I bought mopar's, do I need to get new shocks too so they dont wear out too quick? thanks u guys

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,852 Posts
I had just the Eibach Pro springs installed. Was going to do the system, but shop said no need, brand new shocks and struts, they will age just fine. So far so good. Figured if they went out early, I can get the Eibachs then. Mind the shop would have made more money if they sold and installed the dampers too, so...

A Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had just the Eibach Pro springs installed. Was going to do the system, but shop said no need, brand new shocks and struts, they will age just fine. So far so good. Figured if they went out early, I can get the Eibachs then. Mind the shop would have made more money if they sold and installed the dampers too, so...

A Guy
hey guy, do you have a v8 or 6? are you saying eibach pro springs only would be fine without shocks?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,852 Posts
I have the V6, and I'm saying my Eibach Pro springs are fine with OEM shocks/struts

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,852 Posts
Handles fine, and as I say, if I need shocks sooner, I can get the Eibach. Shop didn't expect any issues. A Guy

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just came from the dealer and the cost of having the MOPAR springs done, including labor, is about the same as having another brand put on. And they will set the height I want. So unless the estimate I received this morning, around $600, is higher I am going to have them do it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts