Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Vendor
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mopar lowering springs, part# P5155436, 206.86 shipping on average between 25 and 45.00 dollars depending on zip code

Mopar Stage 1 Performance Springs are for owners who desire a sporty yet comfortable ride. They reduce ride height 1.0" for that low, custom look. The high-tensile spring material ensures durability and heightens spring performance without bind. These factory-produced lowering springs were designed using Chrysler Engineering specifications to achieve optimal performance. (does not fit SRT8).

NOTE: Lowering Springs Require Shock Change. When fitting the Mopar Lowering Springs on a Challenger equipped with Sachs Nivomat self-leveling rear shock absorbers, please note that a rear shock change is required for proper appearance. Failure to replace the original equipment, self-leveling rear shocks on these vehicles as described will result in a rear ride height that is too high.

our experience is that they will fit on 2011 as well, and they typically lower the car more than 1 inch, usually nearly 2 inches front and 1.5 inch rear. As a rule we did not have to install camber bushings, we have been able to aligned the vehicle within specification with minor gring and oblong the mounting holes.

Also the spring with work with nivomat shocks, however will not work with the self leveling shocks.
Luke

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
529 Posts
I thought nivomet shocks were self leveling. I have a 6spd.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
I thought nivomet shocks were self leveling. I have a 6spd.

That's an old post my man. They now have out MOPAR Stage 1 springs for self leveling vehicles. I just did mine in my '13 SRT. Fronts came down about 3/4-7/8 and rears 1/2-5/8 inch. Not much, just a little. Looks nice, drives awesome.

Reactions: hemi leadsled

·
Registered
515 Posts
Best mod ever.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
529 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Mopar lowering springs, part# P5155436, 206.86 shipping on average between 25 and 45.00 dollars depending on zip code

Mopar Stage 1 Performance Springs are for owners who desire a sporty yet comfortable ride. They reduce ride height 1.0" for that low, custom look. The high-tensile spring material ensures durability and heightens spring performance without bind. These factory-produced lowering springs were designed using Chrysler Engineering specifications to achieve optimal performance. (does not fit SRT8).

NOTE: Lowering Springs Require Shock Change. When fitting the Mopar Lowering Springs on a Challenger equipped with Sachs Nivomat self-leveling rear shock absorbers, please note that a rear shock change is required for proper appearance. Failure to replace the original equipment, self-leveling rear shocks on these vehicles as described will result in a rear ride height that is too high.

our experience is that they will fit on 2011 as well, and they typically lower the car more than 1 inch, usually nearly 2 inches front and 1.5 inch rear. As a rule we did not have to install camber bushings, we have been able to aligned the vehicle within specification with minor gring and oblong the mounting holes.

Also the spring with work with nivomat shocks, however will not work with the self leveling shocks.
Luke

Just to be clear: I have a 2014 Blacktop R/T (which I purchased from you!) which has Bilstien shocks. Would these springs require a shock change too?

·
Registered
9,830 Posts
My '10 R/TC is just loving the Stage Ones, with the OEM shocks. So am I! :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'll have to check part number. Thanks
Any questions, send me a PM or post here. I had to deal with this issue a few weeks ago, so I'm sure I can help with any concerns. Part number is key when dealing with these shocks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
are these self leveling

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Awesome thanks

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Luke or someone at Steve White: I just purchased, received yesterday, these springs, part # P5155436, on ebay from you. The ebay add said that they "FITS 2008 TO 2013 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8 WITH OR WITHOUT ACTIVE SUSPENSION". I even sent you my VIN#, before purchasing them to double check fitment and was told "Dear courtneydun,

Yes, per our records this kit will fit 2014 Challenger SRT8 also. Thank you for shopping with us.
Josh

- stevewhitemotors
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: stevewhitemotors
Subject: Details about item: courtneydun sent a message about CHALLENGER CHARGER CHRYSLE 300 SRT8 SRT LOWERING SPRINGS SPRING MOPAR FACTORY #331173595681
Sent Date: Aug-22-14 11:42:13 PDT

Dear stevewhitemotors,

Will these springs work on my 2014 Challenger SRT8
My V.I.N. # 2C3CDYCJ7EH205133

Thanks for the assistance"

that they would fit. The included instructions say they are for 2008 - 2009 models without load leveling suspension. And everything that I am reading here say that they WILL NOT work. The listing on allmoparparts.com says the same that they will NOT work.
Before I rip my car apart to install these can someone verify, with absolute certainty, that they WILL WORK PLEASE? :scratchhead:
Thank You.
Do not fit SRT8's with adaptive rear shocks, active rear suspension, or self leveling headlamps. - See more at: Dodge Challenger Mopar Lowering Springs SRT8 (Part No: P5155436)
Do not fit SRT8's with adaptive rear shocks, active rear suspension, or self leveling headlamps. - See more at: Dodge Challenger Mopar Lowering Springs SRT8 (Part No: P5155436)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Lowered 1 5/8 inch

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Another shot

Attachments

·
Vendor
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Luke or someone at Steve White: I just purchased, received yesterday, these springs, part # P5155436, on ebay from you. The ebay add said that they "FITS 2008 TO 2013 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8 WITH OR WITHOUT ACTIVE SUSPENSION". I even sent you my VIN#, before purchasing them to double check fitment and was told "Dear courtneydun,

Yes, per our records this kit will fit 2014 Challenger SRT8 also. Thank you for shopping with us.
Josh

- stevewhitemotors
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: stevewhitemotors
Subject: Details about item: courtneydun sent a message about CHALLENGER CHARGER CHRYSLE 300 SRT8 SRT LOWERING SPRINGS SPRING MOPAR FACTORY #331173595681
Sent Date: Aug-22-14 11:42:13 PDT

Dear stevewhitemotors,

Will these springs work on my 2014 Challenger SRT8
My V.I.N. # 2C3CDYCJ7EH205133

Thanks for the assistance"

that they would fit. The included instructions say they are for 2008 - 2009 models without load leveling suspension. And everything that I am reading here say that they WILL NOT work. The listing on allmoparparts.com says the same that they will NOT work.
Before I rip my car apart to install these can someone verify, with absolute certainty, that they WILL WORK PLEASE? :scratchhead:
Thank You.

yes they will, however will only lower front approx 24mm and rear 14mm
thanks
Luke

·
Registered
38 Posts
yes they will, however will only lower front approx 24mm and rear 14mm
thanks
Luke
I've gotten confused. I've got a '12 RT 6 speed. 1) these will work, correct? 2) I need to replace the front and back springs with the mopar stage 1 kit, correct? 3) anticipated drop of 1" or more?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 226 Posts