Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 RT manual 5.7 and recently had the Mopar Stage 1 springs installed. The drop is considerable from the previous gap front and back. From my best estimate and measurements I am seeing the following.

Front
2.5 gap before install
1.5 gap after install

Rear
3.5 gap before install
1.5 gap after install

I've read threads where this varies from 1-2+ inches and wonder what the variable is that affects this wide range of drop? I did not replace the shocks and the installer mentioned that he thought they were self-leveling. I had the alignment done and overall it drives fine but I'm not sure if I like the amount of reduction in gap. Could shocks affect the amount of space between the wheels/tires (standard size 245/45R20) and the fender? Not sure what to do, I think I'd like to have another half inch back in front and back.. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts
It looks great. I've not heard of anyone getting 2" drop from Stage Ones

A Guy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate it. I'm actually at the dealership now getting a flat fixed and asked them to verify the installation looked good and if the rear shocked are Nivomat Self-Leveling or not and if that would affect anything. Hope to know something here shortly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, it sure does look the same as the stance on mine! I feel more confident now that this is 'normal' for that amount of drop. I did have it at the dealership yesterday and they looked it over and said everything was done well and they didn't see any issues. I was able to watch them inspect with flashlights and raise/lower to see the stance. Also, when I asked about the use of self-leveling shocks the mechanic didn't seem to know of any that were used on the Challenger.

Appreciate the feedback guys, thanks for the reassurance!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Wow, it sure does look the same as the stance on mine! I feel more confident now that this is 'normal' for that amount of drop. I did have it at the dealership yesterday and they looked it over and said everything was done well and they didn't see any issues. I was able to watch them inspect with flashlights and raise/lower to see the stance. Also, when I asked about the use of self-leveling shocks the mechanic didn't seem to know of any that were used on the Challenger.

Appreciate the feedback guys, thanks for the reassurance!
Yep, you are just in shock because how high you were lol. I am sure everything was done correctly...you will get used to it and like it a lot.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts
Are you certain you got a 2" drop in the rear, or estimating that's what it looked like?

A Guy

·
Registered
2012 Challenger R/T
129 Posts
It looks good, just be mindful to back in when you park. I made the mistake and parked front in first and damn near took off my front spoiler.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
To OP... looks great!!! On my SRT-8 the drop was just shy of an inch, and since the SRT cars are already about an inch lower than yours a 2 inch drop seems like it would be correct. Plus, it looks great!!!

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Your car looks good, like it should have to start with.
My understanding is that if you had self leveling shocks the rear of your car would sit at around the same height it did before the shock change, so I'm guessing you don't have self leveling shocks. From my very poor memory I think they were only fitted to SRT's, not 100% on that one though.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Did you need to get a camber kit or adjustable control arms when they realigned it after the springs were installed or did they just do a simple realignment without any extra parts being needed?

----------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Looks good, give them time to settle they might get lower....as to the guy running 315’s....im pretty sure when you’re lowered 305’s are the max you can go without pulling fenders

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you need to get a camber kit or adjustable control arms when they realigned it after the springs were installed or did they just do a simple realignment without any extra parts being needed?

----------------------------------------------------
I took it to Firestone and they did an alignment without any issue after the springs were installed. I could feel the change once it was realigned. Updated picture included.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
I took it to Firestone and they did an alignment without any issue after the springs were installed. I could feel the change once it was realigned. Updated picture included.
Thanks, that makes me more decisive about getting mine dropped like yours. Your car looks absolutely gorgeous with those wheels in combination with the body color and now the spring kit. So many go with the black wheels and I've never really understood why. To me it looks like somebody stole their hubcaps and they've been left with the steel wheels.(But to each his or her own I guess... LOL!) I admit I'm old school, but I have always liked the subtle touch that a nice set of chrome or satin silver wheels gives a car and your's has that look.

BTW, you're pretty good with a camera - your photos look great and you frame them up nice - what kind do you have? (Hopefully you don't say it's your cell phone...LOL)

------------------------------------------

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, that makes me more decisive about getting mine dropped like yours. Your car looks absolutely gorgeous with those wheels in combination with the body color and now the spring kit. So many go with the black wheels and I've never really understood why. To me it looks like somebody stole their hubcaps and they've been left with the steel wheels.(But to each his or her own I guess... LOL!) I admit I'm old school, but I have always liked the subtle touch that a nice set of chrome or satin silver wheels gives a car and your's has that look.

BTW, you're pretty good with a camera - your photos look great and you frame them up nice - what kind do you have? (Hopefully you don't say it's your cell phone...LOL)

------------------------------------------
Thanks! Believe it or not but I'm using a Pixel 2 and some basic editing on Google photos :smile: Maybe I should take up some photography classes!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts