Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally installed MOPAR Stage 1 springs on my '13 R/T. Best mod so far. I love the look and the improved ride ! Check out the before and after pics.

Wheels are next, but I cant decide on what to get. I like the Boss 338 in grey. Cant decide ? What do you guys think would look best ?

Attachments

·
Registered
672 Posts
Looks great. Any problems bottoming out? As for wheels, I am a fan of factory wheels over aftermarket. I saw try to find a take off set of SRT wheels.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,054 Posts
On mine, I've only had one speed bump, that was as high as the pyramids, touch the bottom.

Curbs......................well, ya just got to be careful. Most curbs and the concrete parking curbs are higher than my front chin spoiler. Just have to learn to judge how far to stay away.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
You have to approach speed bumps diagonally so you go over one wheel at a time.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sweet bro I love it

·
Registered
398 Posts
You have to approach speed bumps diagonally so you go over one wheel at a time.
THAT is the thing that gives me pause. Right now, at the original ride height, which is suboptimal for appearance and handling, I can go over speedbumps without having to creep.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,054 Posts
THAT is the thing that gives me pause. Right now, at the original ride height, which is suboptimal for appearance and handling, I can go over speedbumps without having to creep.
Gene, that gave me "pause", along with possible altered ride quality for a long time before I pulled the trigger.

It's just "one of those things" that goes along with any lowered vehicle, and it's really not an issue for me now. I found a way to remember that I have Stage Ones on..........................think "body shop visit" LOL

·
Registered
585 Posts
Getting Stage I springs installed today, can't wait to see the difference. I have an R/T Classic with the Super Track Pack that has the slightly lowered stance than non STP R/T's and I've read on another thread about these springs that they will lower the STP stance another 3/4 to 1 inch more, which will be pure money. I'll post a thread with before & after pics probably tomorrow.

Yours looks great squatted down. :eek:hyeah:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've had the stage 1's for over a year now. I love the stance and handling. But yeah, you have to watch out for evil speed bumps or the speed humps. My sisters development has about 4 humps I have to go over to get to her house. These are the ones that aren't a little strip going across, more like 3-4 feet wide. I can't tell you how many times first time passengers have asked me.."Why are you slowing down, are we stopping here?" I've also bottomed out when pulling over on the side of the road when it dropped off. It was at night, and really hard to judge the drop.

Other than that, they're great! I think after a while it becomes second nature to look out for your lowered car.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Getting Stage I springs installed today, can't wait to see the difference. I have an R/T Classic with the Super Track Pack that has the slightly lowered stance than non STP R/T's and I've read on another thread about these springs that they will lower the STP stance another 3/4 to 1 inch more, which will be pure money. I'll post a thread with before & after pics probably tomorrow.

In addition to your pictures when they become available, I would highly appreciate any feedback you have regarding the ride quality after the install. I have a 2014 R/T Classic with the STP option, and am highly considering the Stage I springs, but don't want a ride any firmer than stock.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Stage 1s on the Tail of the Dragon. Car handled like a dream.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Springs control height and shocks control ride harshness. That's been my experience with cars and suspensions over the years of being a car enthusiast.

I expect a slightly lower ride height with the Stage I springs installed but not a stiffer ride. I also expect less body roll/lean going thru corners, although there's not much body roll/lean currently with the STP suspension option.

G30Jack, your Challenger looks bitchin in the pic. :blueblob:

·
Registered
672 Posts

Be sure to post pics! Mine has STP, so I wanna see how one sits with Stage 1 springs and STP :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts