Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got my stage 1 springs I bought from Steve White Motors (thanks Luke!) installed today at my local dealership after I brought my challenger in for a recall for a seat wiring harness. Figured the snow is close to getting clear and they gave me a good price for install and laser alignment so I could not wait any more.

I will post pics a bit later but I'm sure it will be a dramatic difference over my stock non-STP 4x4 height I had prior. Now I just need to get these 18s off with my skinny snow tires on it and get my heritage II wheels back on!

-EDIT-

Figured out how to upload my pictures. Sorry for the poor quality, but what an improvement. Best money I've spent on the car yet!

I will update again once I put my Heritage II wheels on next month and let you know how it settled.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$435 out the door with alignment. Got it done at Bonneville and Son dodge in Hooksett NH for you new England guys. Good group over there. Install went great and the car handles SO much better. Stance is just right. They did crack a side skirt during the install but are replacing it for free and were very honest and apologetic. Overall really pleased with them as mistakes happen.

Once I can figure out how to upload pics on the app I will post them!

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Pricing sounds similar to my dealer.

They ordered the springs, did a pre-install wheel alignment check, installed springs, and a four wheel alignment after the install, along with a car for the day.........690.00 including tax.

Best money that I've spent on mine! :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks good, very nice.

Reactions: Josh_12ChallyRT

·
Registered
538 Posts
Those 18's look the best IMO. Makes he car look like a muscle car and goes great with the red. What size tires are those and did you plasti dip the wheels or powder coat them?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for all the compliments guys, much appreciated. As far as the wheels and tires go, they are 225/60/18 with some Falken eurowinter tires and I plastidipped the wheels black. I got them from another member of the forums, btorred, with the stock finish and wanted to see how black wheels looked on the car this winter as I was looking to sell or trade my Envy wheels that came on the car stock (was considering both the Heritage II wheels and black alcoa replicas, finally decided on the Heritage).

I have gotten a lot of compliments on how the 18s look a bit more old school, thanks efxman.

I hit some twisty roads today on the way home from work and these springs not only completely change the way the car stands, but literally everything feels sharper and more connected, including the steering, it really does transform the car. The car corners much flatter and there is no more "floaty" feel. I highly recommend these to everyone looking to lower or improve the handling of their challenger.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Quote: I hit some twisty roads today on the way home from work and these springs not only completely change the way the car stands, but literally everything feels sharper and more connected, including the steering, it really does transform the car. The car corners much flatter and there is no more "floaty" feel. I highly recommend these to everyone looking to lower or improve the handling of their challenger: Quote

+1 on this statement. I've got the Mopar front brace, and the Petty 4 point rear. With the bracing and springs, it's a whole different feeling Challenger.

Perfect street/cruising/road trip set up. Handling, smooth ride quality, and the looks.

Reactions: cmchristo

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Any one know what springs shocks, and sway bar bushings they used on the the Mopar 10 set up? I read this on allpar and they mentioned all this stuff... reasons why I'm asking is that I like my car to sit up high but i want a better feel then what i have now!!

here is the link: Mopar '10 Dodge Challenger cars

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Mopar '10 Dodge Challenger cars

The car also comes with standard front and rear powder-coated strut tower braces, as well as the Super Trac Pack suspension. Super Trac Pack, according to Ralph Gilles, is “a pretty comprehensive system, including unique sway bars, bushings, springs and shocks. Best kept secret—that's why it's standard on Mopar 10.” (It does not lower the car). Tires will be Goodyear RS-A (all-season performance) 245/45R20, mounted on the current

Heritage wheels (from R/T Classic), with a gloss black finish.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger/mopar-10.html

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
I really don't know "the why" as to reasoning of putting on different springs that sit that high. The Mopar 10's sit a high as a stock '10 R/TC, but if Ralph says that they are special, I guess that they are.

It could just be some of the usual "smoke" that we have heard at times. LOL

What isn't "smoke", is the Mopar Stage One kit. Whoever, and whatever team of engineers came up with this set, NAILED it in every way.

My hats off to them for a true factory accessory that functions so well with the Challenger........................and it's not vaporware! LOL

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
It could just be some of the usual "smoke" that we have heard at times. LOL

>>>I agree... I know you guys love the stage 1's, but I just hate my car sitting any lower I like it where its at... I need to find a solution or I stay for what I have I guess?

do you have the same shocks that came with the car? did you do anything else with the suspension besides stage1 springs ?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Looks great! Mine settled about 1/4" lower in the front and I think the stance (rake) is what makes these springs so nice. Yes, it does take turns way better.

Reactions: Josh_12ChallyRT
1 - 20 of 23 Posts