Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I recently bought the mopar lowering springs because I wanted to get rid off the big gap on the tires. What I wanted to know is if these mopar springs will work with the wide body scatpack challenger and if it’ll affect the active suspension on it. Have any of you had any problems with these mopar springs? Let me know the experiences you’ve had with these springs. I decided to go with mopar because I heard they won’t void the warranty, so answer me that too please. My mopar springs will arrive in a few weeks. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
608 Posts
The widebody has a specially tuned suspension with 27% stiffer springs and a heavier rear sway bar than a standard scat pack, and the active suspension is tuned around that hardware. It's a safe bet that putting on springs designed for a standard Scat Pack would have a substantial effect on the way it handles and may have unpredictable results. Your warranty might be safe, but I wouldn't assume it. If you ever have issues with the shocks and the dealer catches the springs, you may end up out of pocket to replace them.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,452 Posts
So, the "won't void the warranty" is often said, more specifically, won't void the warranty if installed by the dealer. This is not really correct. First off, any Mopar part that starts with a P has no actual warranty on the part itself. Also, just as any aftermarket part, any failure caused (or claimed by them to have caused) by said part will void that part of the warranty

NO PARTS WARRANTY – “AS IS” Mopar Performance parts beginning with a “P” prefix are sold “as is” unless otherwise noted. This means that parts sold by Mopar Performance carry no warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability, are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that the part is reasonably fit for the general purpose for which it was sold). The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Chrysler, Jeep® ,Dodge and Ram vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle’s warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle’s warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicle’s warranty.

Now just as adding any lowering springs, this is likely not a reason to not install them, but to choose the Mopar springs just because of the misconception they are covered by warranty is not correct.

As mentioned, the Widebody Scat has specific spring rates, but yes, the Mopar springs will install and lower the car. If I was set to lower a widebody, personally I'd probably use the KW HAS

Here's a thread with some info on widebody lowering

A Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
It all relative to what the spring rates are. 27% stiffer than what specific number? Is that number more or less than the Mopar spring? I did some digging around found this info:

Mopar Stage 1 springs: 240-337f 574-828r These are 'progressive' springs
Wide Body SP springs: 359f 778r

At their stiffest the stage 1 front springs are 'softer' or 'less stiff' then WBSP and the rears at their stiffest are more 'stiff'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts