Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bought one of these yet. I really like them. What kinda price am I lookin' at if I had the dealer paint it matte blk and do the install, I'm gonna start calling dealers for prices---not much of a hurry,good 3 or 4 months of snow hear in the Twin Cities.MoparsRule!!!Wolffy

·
Registered
711 Posts
I bought mine through a dealer locally, paid, $1200 + paint from another shop. looks good, we're taking the scoop off and making it functional as I was LUCKY to get a breather kit from Mopar that comes on the Mopar10's but definately a nice looking hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
I bought mine through a dealer locally, paid, $1200 + paint from another shop. looks good, we're taking the scoop off and making it functional as I was LUCKY to get a breather kit from Mopar that comes on the Mopar10's but definately a nice looking hood.
Are you saying the stock appearance package T/A hood will work with the new Mopar 10 breather intake system?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
How'd you get the breather system? Is it a special order code, or just a friend inside? My hoods already opened, i just need the breather assembly to make mine functional.

In any case, Yes, i've had one on my car since i bought it. Got it FREE with mopar bucks that came with car. painted it myself at a cost of 130.00 in materials. Painted both top and bottom of hood. Can post pics later, at work currently and don't have access to my pics here.

Lots of people own the OEM TA hoods, most would like to make them functional, as they aren't functional from the factory. The mopar10 has two triangular cutouts in the hood similar to how i cut mine open, but it has a nice underhood assembly.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Ouch, would have to save a bit for that, especially after the tuner purchase for xmas. Its quicker than fabricating my own unit though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
mopar t/a hood duct

part number titanium R/T refers to is a good number, but has not been relased yet...(not availble for order) My pricing retail showed :$513...it should make it some time in the near future...I've asked my parts mgr to keep me posted as to when it actually becomes available

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
I'd like to get some measurements of any of the underside breathers that are available. THose of you that have one (X, Speedlogix and Hemi-Junky) could you measure the length and width and either post or send me a PM.

I have a 6 pack hood (non OEM) that if one of these breathers could fit, with perhaps some modification, I'd seriously consider buying it.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
711 Posts
sorry guys was away over the weekend, but yes I was able to get a T/A hood breather kit from Dodge through a connection, however there is some cutting and such to do, that's getting doe by my body guy thta is retouching the matte stiping on the nose cowl.

I'll get some measurements tonight for you Walaby.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
what cutting has to be done with it?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
sorry guys was away over the weekend, but yes I was able to get a T/A hood breather kit from Dodge through a connection, however there is some cutting and such to do, that's getting doe by my body guy thta is retouching the matte stiping on the nose cowl.

I'll get some measurements tonight for you Walaby.
Thanks... Will look for your PM this evening.

'preciate it

Mike

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mopar Air Breather (Canada)

For all you Canucks that are interested... I priced the Mopar Underhood Air breather Assembly (Mopar 10) #82212435 today. It is not available as of yet and the price is well north of $700 Canadian. Yikes!
I guess aftermarket is the way to go on this one. Speedlogix?

StevoHemi
2010 RT

1 - 20 of 24 Posts