Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Mopar T-Handle Shifter

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  movnviol 
#1 ·
Bored looking at people walk around in stupid masks....so I thought I mite get that Mopar T-Handle Shifter...I had one put on my 2010 back in the day.

My question...how easy is that too install?...The previous one was put on with a bunch of other Mopar stuff by dealer.

And believe you me...I can screw up anything when it comes to the car...

Wondering If I could manage the install myself?

#3 ·
Oh crap.....I could probably even figure that one out......

Step 1....Does the old Handle.....just "pull off"?

#6 ·
that's for the A5 shifter on the '08 - '14s for anyone finding this thread. The A8 shifter handle is a different setup (and has circuitry in the top part of the handle)

#7 ·
Ok...going to do this later this afternoon...not near my car now...and waiting at shop for inspection...
Step 1...do you just force the collar down, unscrew it...??....looked at it the other day...didn’t seem to want to move..

#8 ·
Probably try downward force and turn counter clockwise only goes about 1/4 of a turn - just tried that on my 'Benz

#10 ·
I performed this operation 2 years ago. I used a small flat bladed (slotted) screw driver. I had to carefully wedge it between the shift knob and the collar to force the collar down only a slight bit. Once it separates the rest is a piece of cake. Be careful or you can easily scratch the collar's finish. I wanted to be careful in case I ever trade/sell the car I'll put the original shift knob back on and put the T handle on the new ride.

#11 ·
I got rid of (actually still have it in a box) my T-handle shifter and replaced it with my UH-1 helicopter cyclic after getting it chromed. Covered the rod with a piece of black leather.

Vehicle Car Center console Auto part Steering wheel

#12 ·
OK...finally found time to put this on....The Leather Shifter Knob is a MAJOR pain in the ass to remove.

It looks like the T Shifter Handle, when installed, is rotated slightly clockwise (not totally Perpendicular)...I think I remember that from my Previous car...Is that correct? Looks a little out of place/odd...but like I said, seems like that's how my last one was..

#13 ·
I believe it is canted that way to naturally fit in your hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.