Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally after almost a year of ownership My 2019 Scat Pack I have one on order now. How is the Install? The P5155950 Moapr part # My concern is the Drilling holes thru a long strange angle? Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
926 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase.

I picked up a nice, long drill bit. I think it's 12" .... maybe 14" .... long so I could get a better angle. Then I turned the valve so it was perpendicular to give me a straight shot to drill. Then, I put a towel over the area to catch the metal shavings.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
990 Posts
It's a waste of money unless you plan to autocross the car, then get a good one.

I did it on 2010 Challenger. The cowl bar is thin wall sq tubing. I actually crushed the tubing when I tightened the mounting bolts. I ultimately I replaced both with a Razor's Edge cowl/strut bar.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
712 Posts
Check out the Petty's tower brace as well.

·
Registered
2019 392 M6
77 Posts
I second the speedlogix/ razor edge design for this if you're a bit nervous about doing the drilling. The install is pretty easy and straight forward. Removing the old mopar strut bar took maybe 20 minutes on my own. Took about 40 to install the new bar. Had to make sure everything aligned properly. (Windshield wiper motor piece.) Torqued down to 20-25 lbs on the strut towers and 15 lbs along the cowl. This install just looks like its a huge pain in the ass but it really isn't.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,266 Posts
It's a waste of money unless you plan to autocross the car, then get a good one.

I did it on 2010 Challenger. The cowl bar is thin wall sq tubing. I actually crushed the tubing when I tightened the mounting bolts. I ultimately I replaced both with a Razor's Edge cowl/strut bar.

Talk about wasting money? Ah, going into a sakes pitch! LMAO

The OP wanted to know about the install of the Mopar bar, not about buying another bar that will do no better than the Mopar bar.

Sheezzzzz.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Talk about wasting money? Ah, going into a sakes pitch! LMAO

The OP wanted to know about the install of the Mopar bar, not about buying another bar that will do no better than the Mopar bar.

Sheezzzzz.
The MOPAR bar is junk.

I did all mods like strut bars, coil overs, big brake kit, adjustable A arms, etc. It cornered like crazy but road like lumber wargon. All a frincking waste of money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts