Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2015 R/T brand new and purchased the lifetime maximum care warranty as I expect to keep the car for 5 to 10 years and drive about 40k-50k miles per year. Does anybody else have experience with this plan who drives the kind of high mileage that I do? Any issues to look out for? I plan on doing very few mods so as not to possibly void the warranty, other than may be speakers. Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
I've had that warranty on a few vehicles now, it works just like the factory warranty except after 5 years I think you have to bring the vehicle in for a free inspection? Not sure on the timeframe, but I know they do require free inspections to be done at certain intervals. Other than that and the deductible it works like the factory warranty, mods don't affect it any differently than the factory warranty and really comes down to if your dealer is "mod-friendly" or not. My 2011 Challenger had a bunch of mods and I never had a problem with the warranty for repairs that weren't related to my mods.

Hopefully you got a good deal on the warranty, I know a lot of dealers like to try and sell them for close to MSRP, and I know that Florida has some special laws around purchasing such warranties, but if you didn't buy in Florida and you paid more than $2500 or so for the warranty then you may want to consider canceling the warranty you bought and re-buying it from a dealer like @stevewhiteparts that will give you a smoking deal.

Welcome to CT!

Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
520 Posts
I just bought a 2015 R/T brand new and purchased the lifetime maximum care warranty as I expect to keep the car for 5 to 10 years and drive about 40k-50k miles per year. Does anybody else have experience with this plan who drives the kind of high mileage that I do? Any issues to look out for? I plan on doing very few mods so as not to possibly void the warranty, other than may be speakers. Any comments would be appreciated.
Wow, 500k miles by the time you are done? Holy crap thats a lot of miles! lol I can see that thing weeble wobbling all over the place by then. Sorry, I just had to comment on that. Holy crap that is a lot of driving.

·
Vendor
13,145 Posts
the best bang for the buck for anyone with a Challenger,

wheel and tire road hazard, 7 year unlimited miles $0.00 deductible and up to $1500.00 coverage per year for $270.00

and also covers aftermarket wheels

typical replacement wheel will easily run 500 to 800 on a modern Challenger, even more for SRT's....

simply cannot afford to be without it

Luke

·
Vendor
13,145 Posts
the best bang for the buck for anyone with a Challenger,

wheel and tire road hazard, 7 year unlimited miles $0.00 deductible and up to $1500.00 coverage per year for $270.00

and also covers aftermarket wheels

typical replacement wheel will easily run 500 to 800 on a modern Challenger, even more for SRT's....

simply cannot afford to be without it

Luke

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I have the same warranty, though I only put about 25K - 30K on it. From what I've heard, one thing you really have to watch is to make sure you follow the Maintenance Schedule in the Owner's Manual.

Glad to hear about someone else in the "It's Not A Garage Queen" camp :)

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol, yeah its a lot of time on the road. Once I hit 221k on my 2008 Jeep liberty last month, the throwout bearing (or possibly trans input shaft bearing...hopefully not) started making terrible noise and the heater core started leaking within a week of each other. I bypassed the heater core and will do the clutch work myself this spring, but needed a new vehicle for all the driving that I do. Lifetime warranty on a badass car seemed like the best option for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts