Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
modern vs classic

Reactions: Challenger Beast

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
And the same dude owns both cars....racing his wife!

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Thanks, didn't realize how much faster the old one really was. Wow, I wonder how the 392 would do?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You'd be hard pressed to find any times slips of a stock 426 E body that could even beat today's R/T Challengers. R/Ts can get down the 1/4 mile in about 13.3 with a good driver and that should run with or beat most vintage Mopars. I love the old Mopars but the new technology in our cars is far superior.

·
Registered
667 Posts
That is one slow SRT8! On the other hand a stock 340 six pack 70 Challenger is a 14.1 second car. A stock Hemi E body is a low 13 second car.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
That is one slow SRT8! On the other hand a stock 340 six pack 70 Challenger is a 14.1 second car. A stock Hemi E body is a low 13 second car.
Buddy of mine old timer Glenn Solono owns a 70 AAR Cuda with 340 six pack. 60,000 org miles
It runs stock in the low 14
My 71 Convertable challenger with 383auto 3:55 rear ran best 13:80 70,000 oRIg miles.
09 RT auto stock, mine ran 13:30s and with sticky tires went right into 12s
FT

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Comparison tests that Edmunds ran of a 2011 Charger R/T vs. 1969 General Lee Charger R/T with a 440 under the hood:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HQ7imLw1Vw

These car don't look warmed over. Probably just really well tuned and optimized factory set-ups. Not even running DRs (at least is doesn't look that way).

Something to be said for cubic inches........those are damn good runs.

·
Registered
779 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HQ7imLw1Vw

These car don't look warmed over. Probably just really well tuned and optimized factory set-ups. Not even running DRs (at least is doesn't look that way).

Something to be said for cubic inches........those are damn good runs.
Those cars are not stock. The driver of the Cuda is Bob Karakashian, who has been racing "stock" Mopars for a long time. He used to run a 69 1/2 Super Bee with the 440-6 and had it in the 12s. He knows the tricks to make them run and still call them stock, but they don't resemble true showroom stock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts