Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Mopars At The Beach is a charity fund raising event held by the Coastal Carolina Mopars car club. This year the event will take place from Tuesday, November 10th to Sunday, November 15th. All the details can be found at Mopars at the Beach. A cruise-in will be held on Tuesday. There is a Mopar Dyno Day on Wednesday, a charity ride on Friday, and a car show (both judged and not judged divisions) on Saturday. There was a lap day scheduled at the Myrtle Beach Speedway; but, unfortunately the speedway was sold to a developer so it is no longer available. The organizers are trying to find an alternate location.

The charities for this year are the Quilts of Valor organization and the Lowcountry Food Bank. 100% of all proceeds will go to these organizations. Over the past 5 years this event has generated over $45,000 in charitable donations. The mission of the food bank is self explanatory. For those not familiar with the Quilts of Valor organization, it is a national organization that provides handmade quilts to war veterans. I received one about 5 years ago; and, I consider it one of my most treasured possessions.

You can get more information about the Coastal Carolina Mopars on its Facebook page. The club serves primarily the Grand Strand region of South Carolina. This area covers from Little River, SC at the NC/SC border to Georgetown, SC about 55 miles to the south. The charity ride will start within a mile of our home in Pawleys Island and go north to Myrtle Beach. It would be great to meet some Challenger Talk members in person. (y)

Reactions: Gila Hemi and A Guy

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,111 Posts
Just tried your link but wasn’t working. Realized there is a typo at the end, instead of h. Just in case anyone else tries. Thank you for the info. I would love to get down there, but it’ll depend on work. I’m a couple hours northwest in NC.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,198 Posts
Fixed

A Guy

Reactions: hemi1031

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've looked from time to time for a Mopar, or Challenger specific, club near me and couldn't find one. All the search results for clubs in SC have failed to include this club. It only took 3 years to find it. I've no idea how I stumbled on Coastal Carolina Mopars; but, I found it within the past 6 weeks or so. I'm really looking forward to the Mopars At The Beach event and meeting a bunch of other Mopar enthusiasts that are local to me. (y)

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've looked from time to time for a Mopar, or Challenger specific, club near me and couldn't find one. All the search results for clubs in SC have failed to include this club. It only took 3 years to find it. I've no idea how I stumbled on Coastal Carolina Mopars; but, I found it within the past 6 weeks or so. I'm really looking forward to the Mopars At The Beach event and meeting a bunch of other Mopar enthusiasts that are local to me. (y)
Early this year, I stumbled on a MOPAR car show at a flea market in charleston. Parked my Nissan 370z in the event area. Ended walking away in second place... I was also one of 3 imports there, so... But yeah, It was hosted by Lowcountry MOPARs. Good group, from what I saw.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
505 Posts
From the web page... "The prior four years of Mopars at the Beach generated donations totaling $33,800. For 2020, all proceeds will be donated to Quilts of Valor and Lowcountry Food Bank. With that said, we wanted to use this page to tell you a little bit about the charities we have chosen."
(y)

Wish I was closer and could attend. Really glad to see a fundraising event happening. I am involved in a charity focused fraternal organization, and it is unfortunate we will not be able to donate like previous years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts