Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

If we told you where we heard it, we’d have to kill you. We’ve scrounged up some more details on the Dodge Challenger concept to be unveiled in Detroit this January, and we’re pleased to report that the vehicle will be a delicious blend of old and new, with a four-gauge instrument panel and an abundance of carbon fiber, along with the previously reported pistol-grip shifter. The four-gauge instrument panel and pistol-grip shifter were trademarks of the original Challenger models.

Oh, and lest you worry your pretty little heads, it’s been confirmed that we should expect some mad horsepower.

Via: http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000800071254/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its about time dodge gets into the muscle car segment again, i hated the fact that they just reskinned a 300c and called it a charger. but it looks like they are doing it right for the challenger.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What will the rated horsepower be of the 500? Weight also? Are the thoughts out there that they will be 'competitive' in those areas?:cool:

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Srt4Bryan said:
Its about time dodge gets into the muscle car segment again, i hated the fact that they just reskinned a 300c and called it a charger. but it looks like they are doing it right for the challenger.
Whats really going to cook your noodle, is what might they have planned for the Cuda, if anything?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'm not sure it would be right if they just started bringing back all these older names. don't get me wrong i like the charger and the maybe challenger, but a cuda too. i dont think they should.

·
Registered
159 Posts
too_loud4u said:
i'm not sure it would be right if they just started bringing back all these older names. don't get me wrong i like the charger and the maybe challenger, but a cuda too. i dont think they should.
I kinda agree with ya. They keep bringing all of them back, well, that takes time and I ain't gettin' any younger!

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow i really cant wait for this beast. do you guys think they will have it at the LA auto show 2006? well i know one thing for sure, im going to buy the top model when it comes out :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
srt4ownz said:
wow i really cant wait for this beast. do you guys think they will have it at the LA auto show 2006? well i know one thing for sure, im going to buy the top model when it comes out :)
Top model + supercharger for me:D . But for now, Im enjoying my S3R.

·
Registered
49 Posts
srt bastard said:
They shouldn't bring back the Cuda name. Out of respect for Plymouth, a Dodge Cuda? It just dosen't sound right. Bah! I miss Plymouth...
Remember that the Challenger and the Cuda shared the same platform for i forget which years.

·
Registered
67 Posts
70 to 74 or something like that. They are both E-bodies. Mostly identical mechanically sheet metal and trim is all that separates them. The Challenger was more costly while the ‘Cuda was a bare bone muscle car.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Well,here it goes,my first post. As I've been in hibernation for a long time, not on any particular forum,as I have not yet really seen any "New" true American muscle car in styling and performance, that I have really cared for,other than maybe the new shelby gt-500 mustang coming out........ UNTIL NOW!! Enter,(I pray that they make this) the new super cool lookin', pavement poundin', terror on wheels...the new Hemi Challenger(hopefully a 6.4L version). I can truly say, that this is the type of car I have been waiting for from one of the Big 3 for a long,long time.Its almost too good to be true!! Welcome everyone,as I feel great to be part of you guys with this new great forum on .......The New Challenger....YES!!:cool: John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Srt4Bryan said:
Yeah it was so much cooler when they reskinned a Coronet and called it a Charger, then reskinned a Chrysler Cordoba and called it a Charger, and when they reskinned a K-car and called it a Charger. Those were REAL Chargers, this new 350 HP beast is just a reskinned Chrysler. Let's all hate on it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts