Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Why oh why did they make the front end smile again? That was a big improvement from 2010 to 2011 IMO.

·
Premium Member
10,036 Posts
The bottom opening is way too large.

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
Yea man. That front end is not good, and that stupid shark fin is showing up at every angle. Why did they move from the puck!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I thought the Hellcat front end didn't have lower fog lights. I thought there was just openings there to cool the brakes.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
These things are out driving around in the wild now, I saw one on public streets in Michigan not too long ago.

It looked exactly like these pictures and based solely on the exhaust note, I would GUESS that it was a Hellcat (6.4L's do NOT sound anything like how this thing sounded)

If I had to compare it to something, I'd say it sounded like a Shelby GT500 Mustang exhaust. It was nice and loud, similar to a Zoomers exhaust but not as thick.

Hopefully they'll stop teasing us and officially reveal the damn thing soon.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I'm not that impressed.

Hellcat or not, it doesn't look that much better than many of the awesome Challengers that folks on here have moded.

I'd hope it is just a test-mule for the stuff that is under the skin, and the final Hellcat will have a lot more goodies to improve its looks significantly over the already great looking stock R/T or SRT.

I'm not a Mopar guy, or heavily engaged in the heritage angle of the car, so I might be off base of course.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I thought Motor Trend had established that is NOT the Hellcat hood...

The Real Scoop on the Dodge Challenger Hellcat Spy Photos
If its not the Hell Cat then why would they have R/T's with 392's and SRT's with 392's. That's kinda ridiculous.

Why oh why did they make the front end smile again? That was a big improvement from 2010 to 2011 IMO.
Yeah the smile is horrible! Turn it upside down to frown and its on point! lol To me the opening is a tad bit to large.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I thought several folks confirmed that this is the SRT 392 Premium...

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
If its not the Hell Cat then why would they have R/T's with 392's and SRT's with 392's. That's kinda ridiculous.

Yeah the smile is horrible! Turn it upside down to frown and its on point! lol To me the opening is a tad bit to large.
Someone correct me if I'm off-base here, but don't SRT's have a different suspension than the R/T's?

Again, until the "official reveal", everything about the SRT cars is just speculation, and SWAG (Simple Wild-Assed Guessing) at this point.

Some of us think there will be 2 engines offered in the SRT (392 or Hellcat), and some of us think the Hellcat will be the only engine.

Personally, I think the R/T will have the 5.7, upgradable to the 392...then the SRT will start with the 392 and it upgradable to the Hellcat. There will be some options (higher performance suspension) available on the SRT 392 that aren't available on the R/T 392....but that's just my guess.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Interesting how folks don't want the smile...... back in 2010 when the first rumors and pic shows the 2011 with a frown everyone was all upset saying why change that.... lol

1 - 20 of 71 Posts