Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 2019 hellcat challenger. Seeing if upgrading stock exhaust would give more horsepower or just make louder. if Improvement what do you suggest to install?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,756 Posts
Welcome to the forum. FYI - this company has a 3" system that promises gains and great tone.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Pretty much just louder..might be worth a couple hp changing exhaust but not worth the cost. modified Demon's and RE's running 8's on the same exhaust you have.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
713 Posts
Mostly just louder. Also, weight savings.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I think the HP increase is also dependent on the amount of stickers you add for that particular mod. I believe it’s roughly 1.25HP per sticker.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,756 Posts
So I did just binge watch engine masters the other day and they showed some gains going from a 2.5 to 3.0 exhaust.

In another episode they showed power curve differences between dual, x-pipe and h-pipe exhaust.

I myself never really looked to exhaust for big gains in power...except for switching to long tube headers, which on a 5.7 can net sizeable improvement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts