Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can't speak to specific colors, from what I have read this is no April Fool's joke. I have read elsewhere that several car companies are having similar paint problems.

·
Registered
183 Posts
yeah there are problems, but no company will sell their cars with primer only. And as it has been said, noone will paint your car for 1500$.
And isn't the primer sprayed on with needles too?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Other companies are having paint supply problems as well. But I can't see Chrysler shipping out a car in primer. If you did indeed receive a primered car, you would have to pull the engine, glass, interior, and trim. Have the car painted. And reinstall everything that was removed. There's no way you could get that done for $1400. In addition, resale value would be very much affected. RS may come back on here and say I'm the April Fool, but I don't see primered cars happening.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I think this is an April Fool's joke too.

But they do sell the drag pack cars as primered only don't they?

JFF:D
The Drag Pack cars are white, this year they have an optional color list of about five colors for an additional 7K or so, those are being painted on the outside by someone else for Dodge.
Tout

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'll bet ResumeSpeed is sitting back, drink in one hand, cigar in the other, laughing his ass off reading all the replies to this thread.

April Fools it is....

·
Registered
978 Posts
What a B.S. thread.

Way to hurt your credibility ResumeSpeed. April Fools or not, why would you mess with people like that who are anxiously awaiting their Challenger!

Some people might hear it's never coming and might jump off a bridge or something! You would be to blame! :notallthere:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Revised exterior color availabilty (through end of model year):

2011MY Dodge Challenger (LCDH22, LCDP22, LCDX22)

Bright White
Black Clear Coat
Primer*

*dealers will be credited a $1,430 per vehicle paint reimbursement allowance from invoice for all LC models. Paint facilities in local dealer area require pre-approval and must meet Chrysler standards (P-R2340-2321-44).

EDIT: dammit! Yeah, Someone finally got me, even though I knew it was April Fool's :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not like I would be stalking RS in other forums, (well maybe a little...) :) But, he posted the same in the 300c forum.... :)

The post on 300cforum is gone now... :(

Wil

·
Registered
529 Posts
i just built a car on dodge com. sure enough, primer is a color selection!

That would almost be believable if Dodge ever updated its website in a timely manner. They still haven't put Green w/ Envy as a color on the Classic and its been available for order for 2 months.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think the clue that this is an April Fools Joke is that there is no such thing as "black clear coat primer":bigthumb:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Smells like an April's fool day joke.

I can still build an RT classic from the wide selection of Toxic Orange and Bright White Clear Coat on the Chrysler Company Car website.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I'll bet ResumeSpeed is sitting back, drink in one hand, cigar in the other, laughing his ass off reading all the replies to this thread.

April Fools it is....
Hehe, sorry guys, couldn't resist! "You can fool some of the people some of the time..."

·
Registered
549 Posts
That would almost be believable if Dodge ever updated its website in a timely manner. They still haven't put Green w/ Envy as a color on the Classic and its been available for order for 2 months.
GWE on an R/T classic was only available from 3-9-11 untill 3-25-11.
GWE on SRT was available from 1-12-11 until 3-25-11

21 - 40 of 51 Posts