Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

I have a pair of Challengers. Unfortunately one needs to go and I elected to keep the old one (it was my first car).

I'll post a classified in case anyone is looking for a 2008 SRT8 with 105 original miles.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Hello All.

I have a pair of Challengers. Unfortunately one needs to go and I elected to keep the old one (it was my first car).

Same here pair of Challengers, T/A 1st car, I would keep them both.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are awesome. The TA hood scoop is hands down the best hood ever put on any production car!

When I was sixteen I cobble together a really crappy exhaust which dumped just in from of the rear tires. Trying to be a TA.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,803 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hello All.

I'll post a classified in case anyone is looking for a 2008 SRT8 with 105 original miles.
Gotto go. At first when I saw both Challengers to me I would rather keep the SRT unless the old one was a 70 or 71 RT with a 383 or better. But then you said the magic words. "It was your first car" I totally understand. Still miss my 65 GTO, my first car.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum, too bad one has to go but if your getting rid of one I can understand keeping the original. My first car was a 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe, wish I still had it but unfortunately it went down the road long ago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But then you said the magic words. "It was your first car" I totally understand. Still miss my 65 GTO, my first car.
My Dad talked me out of selling the '73 so many times over the years. And there were many times I needed a couple bucks. It's not an R/T or TA or hemi or anything special. I've gotten used to four wheel disc brakes, fuel injection and at least five gears. I want to update the 73 and make it a really fun, "modern" driver. And since it isn't a high value classic, I will feel no guilt making it what I want. If I could get the '73 to run and drive half as well as the SRT8, it would be worth it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
My Dad talked me out of selling the '73 so many times over the years. And there were many times I needed a couple bucks. It's not an R/T or TA or hemi or anything special. I've gotten used to four wheel disc brakes, fuel injection and at least five gears. I want to update the 73 and make it a really fun, "modern" driver. And since it isn't a high value classic, I will feel no guilt making it what I want. If I could get the '73 to run and drive half as well as the SRT8, it would be worth it.
Good luck sounds like a plan. Lots of after market items to upgrade your car. But it can be expensive. Enjoy, good luck selling your SRT. I sold mine for about 4K over blue book. If your car is cherry which your is and someone wants it, you will sell it for a good price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see you have a pair as well. Very Nice !

I can only sell it if someone else wants it. I may end up keeping my pair. Who knows.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Every part of the crazy car hobby is expensive. But I love it!

Not sure if this question is allowed on this thread...did you sell your SRT locally, ebay, craigslist ?
I had it advertised all over the place, local car clubs, this website, Local paper online, Craig's list, Neighborhood classifieds. You also get a lot of BS calls and folks that don't follow through. In the end it was Craig's list, that some one got the add and called me. He followed through had been looking for a long time. I got a lot of views on this forum but no one asked me any questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You also get a lot of BS calls and folks that don't follow through.
I'm going down the same path right now. I'm amazed at the number of fake text messages and emails. There must be money in those scams because they are relentless. I feel bad for anyone that gets trapped by a scam.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm going down the same path right now. I'm amazed at the number of fake text messages and emails. There must be money in those scams because they are relentless. I feel bad for anyone that gets trapped by a scam.
Remember, make it a cash only deal. Money orders and cashier checks can be phoney. Make sure you go to the bank make the banker verify the funds are there to cover the new check the the bank will issue to you. Also in my case it was financed, so I went down to the CU and they cut me a check after verifying the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
make it a cash only deal. Money orders and cashier checks can be phoney. .
Words to live by. Cash in hand.

It's the wrong time of year to sell it. Hell, it will be snowing here in a couple weeks. Maybe there's someone who want to put a bow on it for the holidays. Not a bad gift.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,803 Posts
1,598. He has it listed in for sale here

A Guy

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
Hello All.

Wow, 105 miles? You should have driven it more.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts