Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I undertook the 2-hour install of the more Moto elite HID kit for 2015 + mopars. 6500K 55W. Below are pics

Unfortunately the driver side had a bad ignitor so I am waiting on parts to complete the install and then I will do some night shots with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,950 Posts
Interested in what the light pattern looks like. These were replacing halogens in the original housings, correct?

A Guy

·
Registered
66 Posts
Doesn't it bother you that it can blind oncoming traffic ?
The factory halogen housings have a fairly good cutoff compared to traditional reflectors. I don’t think it’s as big of a deal on these challengers as it is on other vehicles.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Let me know if you get any condensation in the headlight

I did my HID’s (one-x brand) about 2 months ago and they sealing gromet looks very somilar to what you used. After some hard rain here in Los angeles, i noticed the other day one of my lights were foggy

·
Registered
66 Posts
Let me know if you get any condensation in the headlight

I did my HID’s (one-x brand) about 2 months ago and they sealing gromet looks very somilar to what you used. After some hard rain here in Los angeles, i noticed the other day one of my lights were foggy
You can run a bead of silicone around the gasket if you’re concerned.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doesn't it bother you that it can blind oncoming traffic ?
That is a valid concern. I only do this on projector beam lamps and even then sometimes I have to adjust the vertical aim a little bit lower to make sure I do not blind anyone. I have done this on one Cadillac one GMC Sierra and a Chevy Malibu. All of those are projector lenses and they have no problem once you adjust your alignment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can run a bead of silicone around the gasket if you’re concerned.
That is exactly what I did once I took those pictures I went behind the housings with black RTV and sealed everything up really well or at least I hope I did. The other three installs I've done I have never had condensation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cranked both sides down about 4 turns. So far nobody has flashed me and my cutoff is right at the top of an average car's back bumper at 10-15 feet. I'll have better pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll do what I can here are some others though low and hi beam

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not the best projectors... But after aiming properly no flashing from oncoming traffic.

·
Super Moderator
12,950 Posts
Do people flash their headlights at you like they think your high beams are on? Because that's damn bright. A Guy

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was going to install my 2stroke 2.0 fog lights to try and match my factory Hid headlights but forgot the anti flicker when the order was placed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do people flash their headlights at you like they think your high beams are on? Because that's damn bright. A Guy
The low beams... no. No issues at all just gotta aim them down a little.

I'm pretty convinced with the high beams I probably give them skin cancer.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Nice job! Those suckers are bright and have a nice cutoff for not having any shields on them or HID lenses! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts