Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have or know anything about this loop? Wondering if it fits as well with aftermarket cat back exhaust. Pretty good price for this insurance.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmmm....no one has one of these?

Well I bought it and will be installing in the next days. Will post some pics as well. Was a pretty good deal money wise and needed this for Challengerfest II

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have one on my automaic with aftermarket headers and exhaust, works great but Im sure te 6spd set up is a little different.....

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got this on this afternoon. First off it was a piece of cake to install. You do not have to remove anything to put this on. Bolts to existing threaded holes in the back of the transmission housing. Not sure how difficult other brands are to install.

Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I've got the Metco. It wasn't that bad once you got things in place. Would have been a lot easier with a second pair of hands, to get it started. It's kinda heavy though.

HemiSam

Editing to add a few pics for reference...

·
Registered
419 Posts
They all seem to have the same deficiency... none do a thing to help control the 2nd half of the drive shaft after the u-joint (behind the support bearing). If the drive shaft breaks after the u-joint (or at the u-joint) it will thrash around all it wants too.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
X2!!!!! We can have another great Friday night racing in H town like the past winter!!
that was fun but a long long drive :) Petty's Garage also love it and very light

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I've got a Metco waiting to go on.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I'm definitely up for it, Lisa. Just let me know if you two are up for making your way over or if there's somewhere we can meet that's more balanced.

DS - I've got the Metco. A bit heavy but it gets the job done.

HemiSam

·
Registered
490 Posts
Will the Petty or Moroso fit a 2011? - I'm guessing yes since its the same transmission.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Got this on this afternoon. First off it was a piece of cake to install. You do not have to remove anything to put this on. Bolts to existing threaded holes in the back of the transmission housing. Not sure how difficult other brands are to install.

Here are some pics
Where there holes in the trans for the spacers and DSL to bolt into. I have a 6speed 2013 and there's no holes for it to attach? I'm stumped. Might have to return and buy something else

Please help...

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Where there holes in the trans for the spacers and DSL to bolt into. I have a 6speed 2013 and there's no holes for it to attach? I'm stumped. Might have to return and buy something else

Please help...
Sorry bud I have no idea if Chrysler changed the Tremec 6 speed tail shaft from 2009 to 2013. Not sure why they would but would not surprise me either. I would also be surprised if the application chart for that drive shaft loop did not specify the year of the vehicle that the part fits on.

Threaded holes on mine were on the bottom of tail shaft about 6" before driveshaft.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
It fits but there's no holes in the trans housing on my car. Im cunfused why chrysler did this to certain cars or maybe just certain years. It'd be nice to verify if others have this issue as well. It almost seems like the spacers would be to short anyway but I wouldnt know for sure. I had to order the pettys garage dsl and crossmember.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts