Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a buzzing sound in my Scat Pack M6 caused by vibration like 2 pieces of plastic that are not completely stuck together. It only happens in 5th and 6th gear. At first I thought it was the leather vibrating against itself but when I squeeze the inside wall where the stick is on the passenger side and the outside trim it goes away.

Maybe this buzz is an easter egg....get it?...no ok.

It's driving me nuts. I have to turn on the radio to drown it out

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
There's a buzzing sound in my Scat Pack M6 caused by vibration like 2 pieces of plastic that are not completely stuck together. It only happens in 5th and 6th gear. At first I thought it was the leather vibrating against itself but when I squeeze the inside wall where the stick is on the passenger side and the outside trim it goes away.

Is it like a cricket sound?

I have that on the driver's side and only happens on the highway, specially when MDS kicks in in my A8.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Move your passenger seat position I had a seat track making noise

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Is it like a cricket sound?

I have that on the driver's side and only happens on the highway, specially when MDS kicks in in my A8.
Its like when you have your bass really high and panels in the car start vibrating but this is constant

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,570 Posts
There are 2 TSBs that I know of that deal with noise:

One is 21-020-16 "Manual Transmission Shifter Noise" (rear bushing in shifter assembly gets greased).

The other is 23-036-15 "Interior - Door Panel Loose, Rattle or Buzz Noise" (tightens some screws in the panels).

I had some buzzing in my car and it turned out to be my sunglasses rattling in the overhead compartment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts