Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know from following my various test driving threads, I am 99% sure I am going with the R/T Classic and about 90% sure I am going to order one in Redline. Here are the details:

It would be a 2011 Redline R/T Classic 6 speed with the Super Track Pack option. The selling price I worked out with the dealer is $33,280 vs a $35,285 MSRP, so I am getting a few hundred under invoice off the bat. Then add in the $1,000 rebate, and the price is $32,280, which I think is pretty good. Interest rate is 2.9% for 72 months. If I go Toxic Orange, the price would drop another $600 or so as well. I am going to go look this weekend at the two colors and make my decision then. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
I was at my local Dodge dealership today getting some warranty work done. Spent some time on the lot looking at the 2011 Challengers they had in stock. What a pity. This years colors SUCK. I guess I could live with Blackberry. Redline is marginal at best....there was a TorRed SE on the lot that looked a helluvalot better than the TO R/T. Sorry, I'm just not at all impressed with this years colors.......at all. Personally I would not be buying a 2011 Challenger. I'd keep shopping for a used one with STP in an acceptable color.

Again Sorry....but you asked!

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I think either way is a great choice.

When I bought mine the dealer I went to had it in those same two colors. I went there to look at the Toxic Orange, but the redline in the sun looked amazing. Now I was conflicted. I liked them both. What made up my mind was when I went back the next day with my sons. It was cloudy that day. The redline didn't impress me nearly as much without the sun shining off of it, but the Toxic Orange still looked great.

I have the Super Track Pack and love it. I did get automatic. My days of shifting gears every day are long behind me. Other than the trans, you are looking at the same two cars I was.

As most of you know from following my various test driving threads, I am 99% sure I am going with the R/T Classic and about 90% sure I am going to order one in Redline. Here are the details:

It would be a 2011 Redline R/T Classic 6 speed with the Super Track Pack option. The selling price I worked out with the dealer is $33,280 vs a $35,285 MSRP, so I am getting a few hundred under invoice off the bat. Then add in the $1,000 rebate, and the price is $32,280, which I think is pretty good. Interest rate is 2.9% for 72 months. If I go Toxic Orange, the price would drop another $600 or so as well. I am going to go look this weekend at the two colors and make my decision then. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Look at both colors. It will end up being cheaper getting the color you want now instead of painting the entire car later.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bettenhausen. However, I may wait a couple of more months to see if anything cool happens for 2012. I have some retroactive pay coming from work, and a nice tax return. Plus, that will give me some time to sell my Mustang and Grand Prix. I do want to be able to enjoy the car over the summer though.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have the Super Track Pack and love it. I did get automatic. My days of shifting gears every day are long behind me. Other than the trans, you are looking at the same two cars I was.

How did you get the Super Track Pack with an automatic?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was at my local Dodge dealership today getting some warranty work done. Spent some time on the lot looking at the 2011 Challengers they had in stock. What a pity. This years colors SUCK. I guess I could live with Blackberry. Redline is marginal at best....there was a TorRed SE on the lot that looked a helluvalot better than the TO R/T. Sorry, I'm just not at all impressed with this years colors.......at all. Personally I would not be buying a 2011 Challenger. I'd keep shopping for a used one with STP in an acceptable color.

Again Sorry....but you asked!

At first, I wasn't thrilled with the colors until I saw them in person. Everyone has their opinions I guess. I would never own a FF, GWE, or PCP, but they are still pretty cool colors. T/O is not as good as H/O, but I prefer Redline to Torred. AS I said, I may hold out a couple of more months and see what pops up, but I am pretty sure I'lll end up ordering.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thats weird, it is showing you having the 3.92 rearend and the 3.06 rearend....AWD? ROFL!

On the 2010 models the Super Track Pack gave you Goodyear Eagle F1's, upgraded load leveling suspension, and a 3.92 rear axle. As a result it was only availiable with the 6-speed manuals (all autos get the 3.06 ratio)

Check your tires...something is fishy with your build sheet.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ok...I built a 2011 Challenger R/T with an automatic and I could indeed go for the Super Track Pack. Also it appears you can now get a 3.92 rear axle with the automatics...holy shit batman that will make the 2010 guys pissed.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I went to the dealer today and test drove a 2010 R/T Classic with STP and a regular R/T. The STP is well worth the $400.00 price and dramatically tighens the suspension up with better feedback through the wheel. I will NOT even consider a R/T without it now having driven both. Thus, looks like B5 Blue and Detonator Yellow are out for sure now since STP was not available on them. I also liked the new steering wheel in the 2011 loaded V6 I sat in (they had no 2011 R/Ts in stock). I looked at the T/O in person today on the Challenger and thought it looked just okay. I thought it looked better on the Charger actually. The Redline looked great in person on the Charger and from what I've seen online, it looks great on the Challenger as well. I have yet to see it on the R/T Classic in person though. Thus, it looks like it will be between a 2011 R/T Classic in Redline with STP unless I can find a leftover 2010 R/T Classic with STP in H/O. It will be definitely be between these two cars. My wife wants me to get an auto and having driven it again, I am not completely ruling it out. Anyone else have a hard time convincing the signifcant other about the 6 speed?
This is the decision I will be making in the next couple of months now:

2011 R/T Classic Redline STP auto or stick

OR

2010 R/T Classic Hemi Orange STP auto or stick (if I can find one)

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I'd go with the 2011 unless you find a fantastic price on the 2010. Compare what comes standard with the two and the performance difference.
The 2011 has lots of creature comforts.

although........That Hemi Orange is nice..........

I just noticed in your sig that your wife has her own hemi in a 2011 Grand Cherokee (mine does too). She has her fun, you should too. Go with the stick if you want it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm also planning on ordering a Classic (black on black :)) with the same STP option, does anyone know if it modifies the Classic wheels at all?

I notice you can get the STP on the R/T Plus, but I don't know what wheels that comes with.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ok...I built a 2011 Challenger R/T with an automatic and I could indeed go for the Super Track Pack. Also it appears you can now get a 3.92 rear axle with the automatics...holy shit batman that will make the 2010 guys pissed.
The auto comes with the same rear gear as the 2010 did.

Well, I went to the dealer today and test drove a 2010 R/T Classic with STP and a regular R/T. The STP is well worth the $400.00 price and dramatically tighens the suspension up with better feedback through the wheel. I will NOT even consider a R/T without it now having driven both. Thus, looks like B5 Blue and Detonator Yellow are out for sure now since STP was not available on them. I also liked the new steering wheel in the 2011 loaded V6 I sat in (they had no 2011 R/Ts in stock). I looked at the T/O in person today on the Challenger and thought it looked just okay. I thought it looked better on the Charger actually. The Redline looked great in person on the Charger and from what I've seen online, it looks great on the Challenger as well. I have yet to see it on the R/T Classic in person though. Thus, it looks like it will be between a 2011 R/T Classic in Redline with STP unless I can find a leftover 2010 R/T Classic with STP in H/O. It will be definitely be between these two cars. My wife wants me to get an auto and having driven it again, I am not completely ruling it out. Anyone else have a hard time convincing the signifcant other about the 6 speed?
This is the decision I will be making in the next couple of months now:

2011 R/T Classic Redline STP auto or stick

OR

2010 R/T Classic Hemi Orange STP auto or stick (if I can find one)
I ordered today. 2011 R/T Bright White, manual, sunroof, 20" chromes, and STP. The order wont go in for about 2 weeks when they get another allocation though. This gives me time to decide on the STP. I'm second guessing it because this will be my daily driver and although I can drive another vehicle either front wheel drive or 4X4 as I also have both, I might get stuck in the snow once in a while and the tires with the STP are not all season like the standard 20" tires are.

You should go with the redline 2011....too many HO already in my opinion..........that and the red looks awesome on these.

·
Banned
583 Posts
That sticker is strange, when did the auto become a $995.00 option, I thought that was a 6 speed option.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts