Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
1,552 Posts
"After our run, the app revealed a 0-60 mph time of 4.1 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 12 seconds at 117 mph. Dodge says the best time it achieved was 11.2 seconds on the quarter mile with street tires (Pirelli P Zero), so we'll see if how close we can get to that time once we snag a Hellcat for testing."

They only had one crack at it and I know it can do better. I really can't wait for the Hellcats to be unleashed to the public. Everyone and their mother is going to be standing in line to put it to the test, and I'm really interested to see the results.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like they had the reporters going through like cattle.:woowoo:

·
Registered
362 Posts
I skimmed the article. I assume that 12.0 @ 117 was on the unprepped straight?
Yes, several of the other reviews complained about the lack of prep and traction. Also Edmunds says they ran sn 11.4 using the app!! I bet too many guys were trying to run the 1/4 in track mode, which removes traction control and all nannies. For best time they probably want to run in standard or sport mode unless you can run track with nannies on. It also didn't help it was in the low to mid 90's all week, DAs were pretty high.

·
Registered
90 Posts
"They might, however, wish for more when it comes to distinguishable visual treatments that set the car apart from the 392. Hellcat models feature subtle "supercharged" badges on the front fenders, while the grille lacks the dual bar treatment of the 392. Look closely at the driver's side inner headlamp unit and you'll notice that it's actually a functional air intake. Aside from that, the 392 and Hellcat are almost indistinguishable."

Other than a hood with a big ass scoop and air vents...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
"After our run, the app revealed a 0-60 mph time of 4.1 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 12 seconds at 117 mph. Dodge says the best time it achieved was 11.2 seconds on the quarter mile with street tires (Pirelli P Zero), so we'll see if how close we can get to that time once we snag a Hellcat for testing."

They only had one crack at it and I know it can do better. I really can't wait for the Hellcats to be unleashed to the public. Everyone and their mother is going to be standing in line to put it to the test, and I'm really interested to see the results.
Yeah,...I don't know about the 0-60 time?
I thought the Hellcat was running in the mid 3's in the 0-60?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
"They might, however, wish for more when it comes to distinguishable visual treatments that set the car apart from the 392. Hellcat models feature subtle "supercharged" badges on the front fenders, while the grille lacks the dual bar treatment of the 392. Look closely at the driver's side inner headlamp unit and you'll notice that it's actually a functional air intake. Aside from that, the 392 and Hellcat are almost indistinguishable."

Other than a hood with a big ass scoop and air vents...
I actually like that it will be subtle changes, will help blend in. You have to know what to look for (badge, different front end, headlamp air intake, rear spoiler is just about it). I honestly think it will get less attention from 'normal' people (not car buffs) and cops than my B5 Blue, which I'm perfectly fine with. Until I step on it, that is..... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts