Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installing the factory 10" kicker sub and box with an aftermaket 400w amp. I already had a LOC installed but not the LC1 or LC2. Forgot what the name is. Anyway, I was originally thinking of mounting the amp under the pass seat. Although lately I have seen amps mounted under the rear deck. I mentioned this to the shop and they said they don't recommend mounting it there because of the vibrations from the sub and that it can break welds inside the amp. Is this true? I still think this is bs but just want to check here.

Also, I am planning on getting the power for the remote wire from the #18 fuse in the trunk. I think its empty according to another post. But there they used a mini fuse tap. I was planning on adding a 15 or 20 amp fuse to the #18 spot and tapping the cold side with the remote wire. Is this ok too? If not where else can I get power from?

I also want to change to location of the LOC. They installed it behind the radio and tapped the wires there. I was thinking of putting it under the rear deck and tapping the rear speaker wires from there. I would like to keep all the components in the trunk.

Lastly, i have seen people install the oem kicker box without the top bracket. What did you use to hold the box in place instead of the bracket?

Again. Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone

·
Registered
18 Posts
Renlo,

I don't see a problem mounting the amp to the rear deck as this is where the factory srt amps are located. I think your car may have a harness plug for the amp.Most cars have the same wiring harness even if they dont use all the connections.You should look and see if its there. You can probably find a factory connector for the kicker amp and tie your amp power into that. I am guessing of course because I am not around my car to look or I would send you a picture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts