Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved from iowa to elizabeth city nc. Anyone remotely close? Looking for a group to do car shows meetings ect

( just south of virginia beach 45min )

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Congrats. Fill us in.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you want to know?

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Just wondering. Work opportunity, time for a change, etc.

Nice country down there.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wondering. Work opportunity, time for a change, etc.

Nice country down there.
I moved for a job in Virginia beach va and was very tired of the snow and cold

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Queen City Challenger in Charlotte and a few other clubs in the area
great place to live
Luke
I am 5 hrs from Charlotte

·
Registered
722 Posts
Moved from iowa to elizabeth city nc. Anyone remotely close? Looking for a group to do car shows meetings ect

( just south of virginia beach 45min )

Welcome to North Carolina! I'm just outside Wilmington, NC. We have a Mopar club here, but it's a bunch of old folks. I think there's one in Jacksonville, NC. We also have Cars and Coffee on the southwest side of Wilmington that usually has a lot of cars and trucks including exotics. If you can't find any Mopar clubs in that area, I would certainly check for a Cars and Coffee meeting and go there and see what you can find out. Ours is the first Saturday of each month. I used to live in Virginia Beach as well!

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
I moved for a job in Virginia beach va and was very tired of the snow and cold

Fully understand that. Congrats

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm about 2.5 hours from you in the Cherry Point area. Love to find someone with a 6 speed RT that I can compare mine to. Something just doesnt feel right with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'd check and see if there are any Mopar clubs around or see if there is a Cars & Coffee around there. What's it doing or not doing that doesn't seem quite right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It seems really slow. When I let the clutch out it is not smooth. I get a jerking every time. My Ram 1500 seems faster then The RT. I bought the car used out of Texas and had it shipped here. Dont know if problem with clutch or possibly someone switched out rear end. Just need a reference point to see if it's just me or the car.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
722 Posts
Roger that. Can you get a thorough history on the car? I found out that a lot of nearly salvaged cars, repossessions, and other stuff comes out of Texas.If you can get the car's history, call each owner and find out what was done to the car.

Reactions: madmedic860

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a member of a small car club in Suffolk, VA which is just North of you you can look them up on Facebook under "Suffolk Rods & Muscle Cars". We have a show coming up on September 28 in Suffolk; you can find information at the Facebook page listed above.

There is also MOPAR Club in the Tidewater area which is also just North of you in Virginia. I have not gone to any of their meetings/meets but they have a pretty good reputation in the area. They can also be found on Facebook at "Tidewater Mopar Club TMC".

Hope that helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts